𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. the one with the Jeep

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི               CHAPTER 15.
࿐                      ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ᴶᵉᵉᵖ

     "BECAUSE HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT DONOVAN— I OWE HIM

     "BECAUSE HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT DONOVAN— I OWE HIM."

      You would've thought Peter had just grown four heads. Stiles ogled him with such a look of ridicule. His mouth opened and closed, trying frantically to understand. How could Peter owe anything to Theo? How could Peter owe anyone anything? If the world spun correctly, everyone would be trying to be worthy of being around Peter. Be worthy of having someone like Peter i'm their lives. Someone so... innocent.

     But now Peter feels tainted. Stained and ruined.

     Stiles cranes his head to Theo. The ruiner, the tainter, Everything wrong with Stiles' relationship. A huff leaves his lips with an uncontrollable growl, shoving past Peter as he grips Theo by the front of his shirt. With an reflex of strength and pent up frustration from not seeing Peter in several days— Stiles slams Theo up again to the fence of the generator cage.

    "You don't owe him anything. He doesn't know anything." Stiles spat, narrowing his eyes at the golden eyed werewolf in front of him. Stiles didn't give a flying shit if Theo had super strength. He was pretty sure that if Theo even looked at Peter Parker the wrong way— he'd tear his tongue out.

     Theo looked at Stiles warily. "I know what happened to Donovan. I know everything." He twists them around, pushing Stiels against the chain link. "I was there. I was at the library. Malia found the book. She was texting us to see where you were. She said she left you at the library. I told her I was close. When I got there, I heard the scaffling come down."

       Stiles dug his eyebrows in. "You saw him?"

     "Saw Peter and you. I saw you come out and Peter looked like he'd seen a freakin' ghost. And then the body was gone."

    The heated discussion was cut off by the harsh squeal of police sirens nearing. Peter winced, just barely, but Stiles noticed. Stiles always noticed those things, it seemed, but he decided against saying anything.

      "That's not an ambulance, is it?" Stiles asked rhetorically.

     Theo let go of Stiles shirt and separating, Stiles unconsciously gravitated toward the spider boy, and almost grabbing his hand. But he caught himself, thankfully, before this entire night got entirely too awkward to stand.

     "We should get out of here." Theo made for the door, Stiles nodding slowly and beginning to follow before they both noticed Peter hadn't moved an inch. "Peter?"

     Stiles glared at Theo just saying his name.

     Peter didn't take his eyes off the dead body. "We can't just leave him." It came out as a whisper, but it wasn't a question. With or without them, Peter wasn't leaving this kid, no matter if the cops found him or not. He'd left Donovan, and now his family couldn't mourn with a body.