10

he got closer and closer, it seemed like an eternity. he broke the eye contact by looking at your lips. just as it was about to happen, you saw a shadow loom over the two of you.

you heard a cough and turned your head, shocked at the sight. it was maki. inumaki and you were both embarrassed.

he quickly got off you and sat besides you now. you sat up quickly too and tried to avoid all eye contact with litterally anyone while rubbing the back of your neck. "ahaha.. uh, hello maki-senpai." you spoke up.

smiling sheepishly at her you finally looked at her, saw she had a smirk and tried her best not too laugh at the situation.

you were still blushing as you remembered the past events. inumaki next to you was standing up and you copied him. you stood straight too now while looking at the oh so interesting trees in the distance.

inumaki cleared his throat by coughing. maki took this as a sign of why she had to interrupt your moment. panda was walking up too maki now as he came from the direction of the other training fields.

maki decided to speak up, still with a smirk on her face. "im sorry to interrupt... whatever you guy were doing." she said while looking at the both of you. "but panda and i are done training and thought we could call it a day."

she brought her hand up to her face to brush her bangs in place and continued. "i thought maybe you guys would like to stop too, dont overdo it since we dont want any serious injuries." she finished.

panda who now stood beside maki then took over the conversation. "yes we need to be in the best shape for the event tomorrow." he took a moment to notice the emotion displayed on the faced of you and inumaki.

the both of you were still blushing a little but not as much as before. this didnt go unnoticed by panda and he asked maki, "did they...?" maki knew exactly what he was talking about and answered almost immediately.

"nope, i interrupted them." she said with no care in her voice. panda looked at her with an 'are you serious' face and she continued while she started walking back to jujutsu tech.

maki spoke up once again, "i let them be for about 2 whole minutes but neither of them made a move, he was just hovering above her anyways." you widened your eyes as the words left makis mouth.

"... you watched us?" you spoke while maki had her back turned to you. "i didnt want to interrupt at first but it took kind off long." she turned back and started leaving the scene.

panda took a quick glance at inumaki and you and followed maki back at jujutsu tech while saying, "you guys should call it a day and get dinner."

you looked back at inumaki and spoke up. "do you want to leave?" he nodded but added a "tuna tuna." in a shy voice. you turned to him and now fully faced him.

he put his hand in his pocket and got something out of it. he extended his hand towards you and gave you a beautifully white amaryllis.

you looked at the flower in his hand which had hints of pink at the end of the leaves and looked back at inumaki.

you remembered that he was crouching down over something when you approached him on the training grounds earlier. so this is what he was being so secretive about.

you smiled at him and grabbed the flower. "thank you inumaki-senpai." you said as you beamed. there was a faint pink blush on your cheeks once again.

inumaki then smiled back at you and said, "salmon." as he walked past you to jujutsu tech. you followed him and walked beside him.

the walk to the school was silent but it was comfortable. when you arrived at jujutsu tech you immediately went upstairs to your dorm to put the white amaryllis in a vase.

you changed your uniform and decided to have dinner in your casual clothing, you saw that megumi and nobara did this often too.

opening your closet you picked a sweather with a darkened red tint and dark blue jeans. you instantly felt more comfortable in your own clothes than the clothes where you had to fight curses in.

going downstairs you passed the infirmary where megumi was still laying and took note to bring him some dinner after you finished yours. fortunately for him, he could still join the exchange event.

you went to the room where panda, maki and nobara were already having dinner. inumaki was unfortunately nowhere to be seen.

nobara was the only other one who was in casual clothing too. which was fine. you took a seat besides panda and started eating your dinner.

"oh maki-senpai, when do you think my training suit will be fixed?" nobara spoke up as you got some more rice. maki grabbed a bit rice with her chopsticks and spoke up, "i think it'll take about a week, there were many holes in it anyways."

as maki finished, she got a confused gaze from panda, he didnt hear about nobaras uniform having holes from a litteral gun yet. you took this chance to explain to him everything that had happened while he was with toudou earlier.

panda didnt seem surprised as you rambled on, explaining about mai's technique too. that is when panda decided to make a plan for the exchange event tomorrow.

he talked about how the event would most likely start first. "theyre going to be releasing a first or second grade cursed spirit in the forest and the first team to kill it wins." he spoke.

"that would seem awfully easy, are you sure there is no catch?" you asked while finishing your plate. panda laughed lowly and continued, "there is always a catch, i just dont know what it is this time."

maki then spoke up, reassuring nobara and you, "but dont worry about that, it would still be awfully easy for us, like l/n said." she winked at you and you smiled back at here.

it really was tomorrow already, you wished that yuuji could have joined too. besides that youre excited for all things too come, the challenges, the opposites team techniques and more.

you finished your dinner and inhaled deeply. with a smile on your face you spoke up, "im sure we'll win tomorrow." you said with determination in your voice.