23 | Handcuffs

[ EDITED ]

While editing chapters and
checking for typos, i realized
that i had written something that's
uncomfortable for some readers,
and now that i have re-read it, i
was also uncomfy myself.

For readers who are reading back
on chapters, i apologize!

"Itadori. Are you alright?"

Your eyes soften. Fushiguro really is a nice friend..

Right now, you're with Maki and Kugisaki. Unfortunately, you're forced to wear a special pair of handcuffs that Gojo gave; a cursed item that works well with a seal.

Gojo had written both Inumaki and Fushiguro's name on a seal- using their cursed energy, they can now pull you to their direction with the handcuffs clasped around one of your wrist.

This is for Itadoris safety and to avoid any fights from happening between the two of you, though there's no doubt that you'll be able to easily break free from the restraints around your wrist. [ edited . . ]

It just made you feel like some sort of.. monster who needed to be cuffed and stopped..

And the one at fault is..

'Stop.' you inhale sharply, 'I shouldn't be thinking like this. Itadori's a great guy, right? Fushiguro told me he's a nice friend.'

You tried to reassure yourself― Itadori had done nothing wrong. He even came to participate at the event, right? That's something to be happy about. He's also super strong, right? How can he not be strong when there's a curse inside him?

One question that bugged you is.. Why weren't you feeling like this with the others though? Why is it only with Itadori and the Sukuna guy that Fushiguro mentioned earlier?

You frown, 'They all use cursed techniques. What's so different about Itadori?'

Maki, who stood beside you and Kugisaki, notices your distraught expression.

"L/N." she calls, "Is there something wrong?" she ask.

"Hm?" you turn to her before shaking your head, "Nothing, senpai, i was just―"

Your stomach grumbles once again, the noise not going unnoticed by the students around you.

"―Waiting for.. Fushiguro." you bite the inside of your cheek out of embarassment. You scratch the back of your head, hearing the cuffs dangling.