49"

Alya walked back towards her dorm

Alya walked back towards her dorm. It had been a few days since she'd spoken with Professor Potter and had thought everything over.

She marched through the hallways on a mission, apologising when she accidentally slammed into first years.

Nearing their dorm she threw open the door harshly and stormed through it. James poked his head out from around the mini fridge's door as the suddenly loud noise had startled him.

He smirked as he spotted Alya, "Hil-"

Alya cut him off as she slammed her lips onto this once again.

James didn't take as long to respond as last time and snaked his arms around her waist pulling her closer while he reciprocated her kiss.

He back up so his back was against the kitchen cupboard as Alya kissed him deeply.

She pulled back smiling

"What was that for? Not that I'm complaining" he smirked

"I'm sorry" she started

"You're sorry?"

"I'm sorry for shouting. I'm sorry for insulting you. I'm sorry for hurting you" she rambled throwing her arms around, "I'm sorry James, truly. I know now, I know you. I know that you're kind and funny and talented and caring and sweet. I couldn't see that before but I can now. And I'm sorry. So please forgive me. I'll make it up to you. You didn't deserve any of it and I-"

"Slow down love" James chuckled deeply taking her hands in his preventing Alya from waving them around any longer, "you're going to take my eye out"

"I'm sorry-"

"Stop apologising" he grinned, "you've nothing to apologise for. It was all my fault, you were perfect"

Alya let out a sigh of relief, closing her eyes to try and compose herself

"Thank you for not telling anyone"

"Of course" He shrugged as if it was nothing

"No really James, it means a lot"

"Alys" he laughed pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, "stop it"

"Stop what?"

"Gushing, I get it. You think I'm amazing"

"Amazing Huh? I never said that" she smiled teasingly

"Well you've basically admitted to liking me" James beamed

"Did I?" She questioned as James leant back against the cupboards, his arms crossed against his chest

"You basically did, and I've never felt as happy as I have right at this very second" he smiled walking towards her and gathering her up into his arms, picking her up and spinning her around, "it was worth the wait, I hope you know" he said tracing around the freckles on her cheek, "you're special Alya. I've always known, and you deserve to know you're special as well"

"James-" she whispered

"Come on, I want to show you something" he said taking her hand and pulling her out of the dorms and into the corridors.

The two of them ended up outside Violas office.

"Alohomora"  James said pointing his wand at the door

"Is this allowed?" Alya asked skeptically looking up at James

"Mum said it's okay for rem, lil and I to visit whenever" He replied pushing open the door

He lead Alya through the office to the far side of the room.

Upon the wall a portrait

Alya gripped James' hand a little tighter.

"I wanted to introduce you to them. I know it's not the same but it's good enough" he smiled sadly

Alya glanced up to the portrait above them.

A couple sat side by side, the mans arm slung around his wife's shoulders.

They were young and happy, smiling at each-other and then back to James and Alya.

Remus and Rosaleé waved to the two teenagers in the office.

"They don't talk...but they smile and wave when they're around" James smiled sadly

Alya rested her head on James' shoulder, just listening to him speak.

"It was a gift from McGonagall to mum. Dads also got a portrait of my other grandparents in his office at the Ministry. It's nice to see them smiling" he said still looking at them, "I owe them so much, they were so great"

"They owe everyone so much. Many of us wouldn't be here without them" Alya nodded winding an arm around James pulling him closer, "thank you for showing them me, I know it's important to you"

"Of course Alya"

———————————————————————————
A/N

I don't know if I'm happy or sad rn