1

a few notes before we get started–I am Al, I use he/they pronouns, and the lemon demon in the picture above isnt actually the final version of him (his current features are shown in the cover, will be shown further in later pictures, and are written in this)

this story will probably be around 7-10 chapters long, as long term stories are much more difficult for me

Past that, please enjoy the story!

(3799 words)

A person's bed is their own little bunker. 

Walls made of blankets and pillows, a mattress for a floor.

But, the unfortunate truth is, when what you fear is actually there, hiding behind those walls does nothing but blind you to their movements. 

It's the reason why your back was currently pressed into the headboard, unable to retreat any further as your little bunker gets invaded.

He holds your hand still; digits frozen in anxiety as they sit in between his clenched teeth, the threat of removal all too present. His teeth were most tightly clamped around your ring finger, just barely removed from a painful vice.

His grin was wide and unsettling, eyes not straying from your own as you watch his actions with revulsion and anxiety.

Was he going to bite off your finger? 

A laugh bubbles up in his throat, and he releases your hand from his bite, instead choosing to pull you forward. The unexpected force made your head tilt down, so in order to see him again, you had to look up.

He quickly uses his other hand to grab your chin, forcing you to shift closer in order to put less strain on your neck. 

"Your fingers are not what I want." He says, voice velvety and deep. "They don't taste right, especially not when compared to-" he releases your chin to poke your stomach gently as to not pierce the cloth and skin, clawed fingertips making you tense further. "-the stomach."

"Are you some kind of cannibal?!" You hiss, him laughing once more.

"I'm the next step up on this little food chain; I'm no human, even my own kind finds my ways distasteful." The blonde's grin widens further as he leans in closer. "But I do eat your people. Your species' flesh is a greater delicacy than all others." 

"Then what the hell are you?!" You keep your voice low and harsh, enough to amuse him at your futile attempt to keep a secret from him.

"A monster." 

His next words make you freeze. 

"Say, is there someone else in the house?"

"N-" Before you can even finish the lie, his hand grips your cheeks, eyes dangerously narrowed. 

"Ah, ah, ah." He chides teasingly. "Don't try and lie to me." He pulls your face closer to his, the nasty smirk widening at your conflicted glare. "So?"

"...Yes. there's someone else." You concede, eyes not meeting his strange pink-fade-to-crimson ones.

He releases your face, tilting his head as his grip shifts from your hand to your wrist, still keeping you cemented in place. "Good boy."

You tense further at the sound of soft footsteps approaching your door. Your eyes close in a wince. "Of all times." 

Three soft knocks echo from the door.