024

real life !

real life !

You call the shots babe,
I just wanna be yours.

Secrets I have held in my heart,
are harder to hide than I thought,
maybe I just wanna be yours.

Aspyn and George both layed in bed, listening together to Aspyn's playlist on Spotify. She was showing George some of her favourite songs, which included 'I wanna Be Yours' by the Arctic Monkeys. It was more than just ironic— both were thinking of the other as the lyrics were heard.

George, being unfamiliar with Spotify, took awhile to get used to the platform. He had made the account just for this reason, to listen to music with her. He found himself doing this a lot lately— using platforms he didn't particularly like simply for Aspyn.

"Can you sing something?" He asked softly, wanting to hear her voice once more. He had heard a snippet of it during the Karaoke stream, but it was drowned out by the sound of their other friends.

Aspyn blushed, feeling her hands moisten out of her nervousness. "Sure," if it were anyone else, she would have declined. But this was George.

She began singing, feeling her voice rasp slightly due to her tiredness. It was well past midnight for her, the only source of light being her phone screen that displayed George's dimly-lit features. He was entranced, listening intently to her soothing tone. He didn't know what song she was singing, but he decided it was his favourite.

"What song is that?" He questioned in a quiet tone, just above a whisper. It was even later for him because of the time zones, and the sun was in the process of rising before he even got a blink of sleep.

Aspyn smiled as he closed his eyes, observing his tranquillity. His skin looked smooth, his dark lashes fanned across his lid. His lips were pink and slightly chapped, and she wondered what it would feel like under her fingertips. She wanted to reach through the screen and trace his features. "Let It Be," she finally replied, the memory of the song slipping out along with it. "My sister used to sing it to me when it would be a hard time at home— which was pretty often so I heard it a lot. It gave me hope." She let out a small, humourless chuckle.