22

(Omniscient)
Later in the Day

Ace was the first one to awaken from his slumber. He looked to see Davanee still sleeping beside him.

Not trying to wake her, he slowly gets up off of the bed. He takes his phone off of the nightstand to check the time. It was 1:57 PM in France.

He tiptoed out the room and went to use the bathroom. After that, he made his way to the kitchen.

Opening the fridge, he got to see for himself that his mother really had people fill it up. The whole fridge was stocked for no reason. They're not even gonna be there for that long.

Shaking his head, he grabbed a carton of eggs and closed the fridge door. He ain't know what he was finna make but he was sure as hell not just gonna make nothing.

He went ahead and just made two omelettes. One for himself and one for her.

Soon, Davanee comes sauntering out the bedroom yawning.

She entered the kitchen where she heard some noise coming from, "Good morning."

Her voice came off soft and angel like.

"Mornin," Ace says back as he plated her omelette.

"What time did you wake up?" She asked him, taking a seat around the island.

"Bout thirty minutes ago."

"Why didn't you wake me?" She complained.

"You looked tired and I ain't wanna wake you," he says, placing the plate with her omelette in front of her.

"I didn't brush my teeth yet," she told him.

"Me either," he takes a seat next to her. "And I'm boutta tear dis bitch up."

"Ima at least go wash my mouth out."

"Aight then go, your food's not finna go no where ... if I don't finish mines first," he smiles at her.

Blushed and without saying a word, she got up and headed to the bathroom. About a minute later, she comes back.

"What's the plan for today?" Davanee sat around the island again.

"What plan?" Ace put another piece of his omelette in his mouth. "It's hella late in the day."

"So?" She shrugged. "Plus, I'm graving some cake."

"Davanee, hell n-"

"Pleaaaase," she pleaded in her cute voice. Ace had never given into any of her cravings because he deemed them too unhealthy.

"You already know the answer finna be know so ion see wh-"

"If you get me a slice of cake of my choice, I won't bother you about another craving," she pleaded some more.

He kissed his teeth. "Stop lying to me bruh."

"I'm not, I'm serious."

After a while of thinking he says, "...aight, I'll take you to get a whole cake."

Her eyes widened. "A whole cake?"

"Yeah."

"Why? What happened to just a slice?" She asked him.

"Oh, so you just wanna get a sli-"

"No, I want the whole cake but why'd you suddenly-"

"Hurry up and eat so you can take a shower and we can go," Ace says, cutting her off.

He gets up from around the island and headed into the direction of the bedroom.

What's up with him? Davanee asks herself. Is he mad?