Chapter 27: Mr. Tall Mysterious and Handsome

"No, you haven't." I say defiantly as I back up against the railing.

Theo stands up and crosses his arms. "Not the reaction I was expecting."

"You have no idea what you're saying." I tell him, making sure to look him in the eye. "You hardly know me, how could you be in love with me?"

Theo rolls his eyes. "Please Teagan, I know everything about you."

I narrow my eyes. "Yeah? What's my favorite color?"

Theo actually laughs. "That is such a stupid question."

"So you don't know it." I say pointedly and Theo shrugs. "Purple."

I take a shaky breath, pressing my back further into the cold railing. "Theo, stop. Don't go proclaiming your love for me-"

Theo runs a hand through his hair. "I know why you don't want to hear it, okay? We can't be together because it's morally not right." It only takes two long strides for Theo to stand inches away from me.

I slide to my right so I can slowly back away from him, but he follows me anyway. "That doesn't stop me from loving you and the way you make me feel. You were the only one to never use me-"

"Which is why you think you love me." I press, taking another step back, away from the railing. "You just feel grateful, don't get them confused."

Theo gives me a frustrated look. "No, Teagan. I am damn sure that I'm not feeling 'grateful', because if I was feeling grateful I wouldn't be able to get you out of my head. I think about you all the dame time." He says in an almost tortured voice. "I almost died when I thought I lost you."

"Stop." I tell him in a stern voice, but it was hard to tell Theo what to do when he was standing so close to me.

"Honestly, Teagan-" he backs me up against a wall and crushes his body into mine. "-I could give a rat's ass that this isn't morally right." he leans in close and puts his hand on my leg, the one that was injured. "It doesn't matter to me, because I don't have any morals to begin with."

I suck in a quick breath as he picks up my injured leg and places it against his thigh.

"What are you doing?" I ask breathlessly and Theo bends his head so that he is now kissing me along my collar bone.

"You shouldn't put pressure on your leg." he mumbles as he continues to kiss me up my neck.

I loved and hated the way he made me feel. I didn't want to feel this way, I didn't want to want his kisses to be on my lips. But at the same time, I wasn't stopping this. I didn't have the willpower to anymore.

He then continues to kiss along my jawline, basically everywhere but where I want him to. "Theo..." I sigh and he pauses.

"I'm serious, Teagan." Theo looks up and rests his forehead on mine. "Why don't you believe me?"

I myself wasn't sure why I didn't believe him. He sounded so sincere. But he couldn't love me, because even if he claims he doesn't have good morals, I do. And you can't love something when it goes against who you are.

"It's not right." I tell him quietly, not able to look him in the eye.

"What will it take to convince you this is right and I want to be with you?"

I bite my lip and look down at my injured leg he's still holding. "Theo, if you really and truly love me, you would give up this thing with your brother."

Theo instantly tenses and drops my leg like it burned him. "Teagan, what are you trying to say?" he demands quietly.

I suck in a quick breath through my teeth at the pain he caused by letting my leg go. "If you really cared about me, you would rather be with me than hand over this evidence at court."