five

With Travis's help, I eventually found myself sitting in the back of a jet black Rolls-Royce. The driver greeted me politely as our eyes met and the door was closed behind me.

"It took you thirty minutes to just get in a car." His deep, intimidating voice welcomed me and I shifted uncomfortably in my spot, "Some of us have places to be, London."

"I am sorry."

Didn't know what to say, I ended up apologizing to him like a coward. Not only that I was scared of him but I just did not have the power to fight back this time around.

The car was then driven down the driveway smoothly. I looked out the window, hoping to capture a mental image of my house for the last time only to see three other cars were tracing just right behind us. It was like a scene in one of those mafia lord movie where the main character was too powerful to be transporting in just one vehicle.

Did he really need to have his securities by his side at all time?

For my own records, no. So, the only explanation to his bizarre safe keeping was because of his own insecurities and maybe, just maybe he was not as tough as people viewed him to be.

Through the dark street outside of our car, I managed to keep myself busy by guessing where we were and how much longer until we would arrive at the mansion. But as the car made a sharp turn, redirecting toward a complete different direction from how I remembered, I automatically began to panic.

"I have to take care of something." Liam announced. Probably he noticed that weird look on my face, "Stay in the car." He then ordered once the car came to an abrupt stop. Without another one being said, he got out.

From inside the vehicle, I watched as a group of men appeared out of nowhere and stood, guarding around the car. Some of them did follow Liam inside the haunted-looking warehouse which we were parking right in front of.

Sketchy. I thought as I began to look around. I tried my best to search my surrounding but it was impossible to make up a full picture of where we were with a bunch of over six-feet tall men blocking my view.

Eventually, I got bored.

Another ten minutes passed and Liam was nowhere to be found. That was when I started to get curious.

However, my curiosity did not stay for long.

A frightening noise could be heard coming from the inside of the warehouse. My eyes shot wide open upon reconciling with the familiar sound straightaway.

"Someone's shooting." I loudly gasped.

"No one is shooting, Miss." The driver turned to look at me as if I was crazy before he casually turned the other way and looked outside his window. I noticed a few sweats were forming around his hairline as he tried to wipe it away with the back of his hand.

But the noise repeated, this time even louder and closer to where they were at.

"Someone's shooting! Can you not hear?!" I screamed.

"Miss, you need to calm down."

Well, he did not look so calm to me so that was hardly reassuring.

I was not going to sit there and wait for the bullet to get to me. The only single thought came through my mind and it was I need to get the hell out of there.

My hand reached out for the handle of the car door and pulled it open. If their aim of guarding around the car was to keep me put, these men were idiots for not putting the car door on child lock mode to begin with.