57

PUNISHMENT AND REWARD

TW: sexual content

_____________

I didn't have any more time left to think about my feelings towards Fred because I and the entire rest of the DA got in big trouble.

Umbridge had caught us because one of Cho's friends snitched. I was absolutely pissed off.

When the big door from the Room of Requirement exploded, we found the old pink bitch staring at us with satisfaction, accompanied by Filch and the Inquisitorial Squad, including Draco who looked at me as if I had betrayed him.

Of course, all of us silently agreed not to reveal the truth about our encounters even though Umbridge took all of us to confront Dumbledore and the Minister himself to inform him about the punishment we were going to get. Poor Harry was dragged to the front row to take all the blame. Fucking hell, I still wanted to curse that bitch.

Fudge tried to confront Dumbledore very heatedly when the old man surprisingly, took the blame, naming himself the founder of the group and saying he was the one who planned everything. While the Minister was arguing with him, who remained calm, I recognised Percy Weasley standing along with Kingsley.

My eyes went straight to look at Fred and I found him a couple of steps away from me, glaring at his older brother. I knew they never had a close bond because of how different they were, but after learning how Percy rejected his family and felt embarrassed for them as well as tried to brand Harry as a liar, their relationship became even colder and distant.

Umbridge gave us detention for an entire week and I could already imagine the quill's sharp tip getting in my skin. Fuck my life. Harry swallowed hard but showed himself confident, ready to take it since it wasn't his first time either. Some of the others flinched and gasped, looking daggers every once in a while at Cho's friend.

When I was getting out of the office, ready to go to my dorm and forget anybody else existed, I noticed someone grabbing my wrist.

"I think you and I have something to talk about."

"Bugger off, Draco!" I tried to get rid of his grip.

"Not until you explain what the fuck did this mean."

"What do you want me to explain? That Harry offered me to learn the proper magic I wanted to learn and that Umbridge forbid us to practice? I did, yes, in case you've forgotten I'm a bloody witch, I like to practice magic. That's it."

"Why didn't you tell me? Where's your Slytherin's loyalty?" he scowled, actually annoyed.

"I told you I wouldn't trust you until you had stopped behaving like Umbridge's lapdog and look what I have earned anyway. And you dare to talk to me about Slytherin's loyalty? Do you think just because you don't take points from us you're behaving like a real Slytherin? Nah, mate. Now, leave me alone, I have things to do."

"You're mad at me without reason! It was that Ravenclaw girl's friend who told Umbridge!"

"I don't even care about that anymore. You're the one who joined the Inquisitorial Squad even though you knew how much Umbridge has fucked me up. But 's fine, Draco, let's it aside. I don't want to argue with you and I'm madder at Umbridge than at anybody else."

He snorted again, running his fingers through his hair. " I can try talking to her. Convince her to annul the detention for you."

"No."

"Why not?!" Draco asked, starting to feel desperate.

"Because it wouldn't be fair for the rest of the group. I was as involved in it as the rest of them. I owe some loyalty, especially to Hermione and Liv."