Chapter 55

《Eric's POV》

I sat in the waiting room after I had given my statement to the police. I brushed my hands through my hair as I got up and began to pace up and down anxiously.

I felt as if I was about to lose my whole world and there is nothing I can do about it.

"Eric!" I turned around and saw my parents, Ella, Reece,sophie, Ethan, Chloe, Alister, even Patrina. Everyone was here.

Reece walked towards me and engulfed me in a hug, "I know my sister-in-law very well and she will be alright, Eric." He said to me as his hug grew tighter.

I hope...

After I was greeted by everyone, I sat back down with my head in my hands as I felt an agonizing pain in my chest. To think I had just gotten everything I ever wanted, only to now feel it all slipping through my hands.

°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

We waited for about an hour before a doctor came out to get something from a nurse who was came holding a tray.

"Doctor is she alright?" Asked Violet's grandmother worried as her eyes crystallized. My breath hitched in my throat as I waited anxiously for his reply.

The looked at his watch and then back at her and said," there has been multiple complications and we aren't sure if she will make it."  I felt as if someone had just punched me in the gut.

He turned to walk back in when my mother quickly asked," and the Baby?" She nervously clutched onto my father as we waited for his reply.

The doctor stopped and turned around with a sad look in his eyes and instantly I knew, " I'm sorry but the baby didn't  make it.she was killed instantly when the wound was inflicted. I was going to tell you after the operation. " said the Doctor to me. He then walked back into theater room.

I felt like I couldn't breath, I turned around and saw everyone in tears. My eyes met my mother's green eyes and before I knew it my legs could no longer support me, just before i hit the ground my mother caught me and we both slid down to the cold floor. She held me as I cried a river of tears .He gentle hands caressed my hair as I rested all my weight on her.

"My baby..." was all she whispered whilst she held me and her tear droplets felt on my chest.

°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×

《Reece's POV》

I watched as my brother broken down in my mother's arms.

I rushed outside and stood in the undercover area, "Ahhhh!" I yelled out in anger as I slammed my fist against the concrete wall.

I should have stayed with her maybe she would have been alright...I shouldn't have left!

"I know what you are thinking." Stated Ella who I didn't know was standing behind me, "Cause I am thinking it too." She said softly as she rested her hand on my shoulder.

I turned around and looked at her. Tears streamed down her face as she spoke to me, "I feel guilty but then I think about what she would tell us which would be something like... none of this is our fault and it's better if we weren't at home because we could have also been hurt." As she smiled sadly.

"She isn't going to blame us Reece, so she wouldn't want us to blame ourselves." She gave me a tight hug before walking away.

I looked over at the lit up city and tears fell from my eyes.

°×°×°×°×°×°×°

《Narrator 》

The atmosphere was tense as the doctor and nurses surrounded her frail body.

"Her pulse is dropping we're  losing her." Said a nurse that was monitoring the machinary.

Just before the doctor could say anything a loud long beeping filled the air. A defibrillator was pushed forward quickly as one of the doctors grabbed the two handles of that were connected to the machine, " 1...2...3...CLEAR!!!" He yelled out before deliveringthe charge. Her body jolted but the loud beeping continued on,"1...2...3...CLEAR!!!" He yelled again before delivering another, the room stared at the monitors, "Come on...come on..." whispered the doctor anxiously. The whole room was tense as they gazed stuck on the machines anxiously.

《Violet's POV 》

I looked up at the bright light and excitedly moved towards it as the noises in the background faded away. I continued walking forwards towards the light until suddenly imagines of my life flashed by. My loving husband, my best friends, my family and my darling daughter.

Before I knew it, I jolted up and gasped for air.

I guess today's just not the day.

《Clarisse's POV》

Giovanni and I can home after a few hours after the successfully operation, but no one besides Eric could see her since she was still unconscious. I was so glad that she was alright but my heartached for her, losing a child is a pain that never goes away.

A tear slid down my face as I thought about my daughter Katherine.

×°×°×°×°×°×

Giovanni  and I  we're on our bed covered under the blanket and.sat up as I stared at the green walls of my room.

"I spoke to Jane today when I went to see how Felicity was," Stated Gio with a frown on his forehead, "She was telling me about Hunter's accident. The police ruled it off as a murder because in a footage they found from a camera across the street it seemed as if the driver had every intention of killing him." Gio looked at with with worry in his eyes,"What do you think is going on Clair?"

"I dont know." Replied before saying goodnight whilst I fluffed my pillow and pretended to sleep.

This all felt too strange for me to comprehend.

A robbery 24 years ago.

A  hit and run now marked off as murder.

Another robbery.

One is chance, twice a coincidence and
Third times a pattern.

But whose pattern..?

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey guys 😊
Hope you all good
And I hope you all enjoyed the chapter

Fun fact :

My book is almost over 🥺
Like about 4 chapters left 😌
And all the secrets are finally 😆
Coming out of you haven't already figured it out already.😏😉🤫🤭

Anyway till next time
Byezzzzzz🌺🌈🌟

Meme: