11

a l i c i a

_______________

I woke up the next day debating on whether I should go to work or not and I decided to go. I reminded myself how important this internship is for my future, while taking a shower. I got ready and had some breakfast before leaving, noticing that my father wasn't home and he probably didn't even stay here last night. I know he is mad at me for leaving dinner so abruptly, but I couldn't even believe how he didn't even ask me before accepting my mother's offer to stay with us. This was gonna be fun.

Before I knew it, I was outside the company and this time I went in without second thoughts. I wanted to forget about everything that happened with Caleb, I didn't even want to know him. I got to my desk and realised that he wasn't here. A part of me was relieved and another missed his presence and his beautiful blue eyes. I hated him so much, but at the same time I still loved him.

Love? What the fuck Alicia? You're almost twenty years old. You'll have plenty time to love and right now is not that time.

"Good morning.", a voice interrupted my train of thoughts. Caleb.

I didn't even bother to look at him or say anything and continued what I was doing.

"I know you don't wanna talk to me right now. At least let me explain please.", he said and I turned to face him and our eyes met.

"Fine, but only because I want to hear what pathetic excuse you'll come up with.", I sighed.

"When I realised my feelings for you all I wanted was to be with you. Only you. That's why you saw me that day holding the hand of another woman. I was going to tell her that it's over."

"That still doesn't explain why you lied to me about having a girlfriend. I mean wasn't I supposed to know that before you fucked me?", I said.

"I know I should've told you, but she doesn't mean anything to me."

"So that's what you have to say? That she doesn't mean anything? Thanks, now I feel much better.", I joked and I wanted to believe that he was going to end it, but I didn't even know what else he lied about. I didn't want to forgive him, but I owed it to all the years of our friendship to at least talk to him.

"What we had was a mistake. I don't regret anything, but I don't know if I can be with you.", I said and convinced myself it was the right thing to say.

"I understand. I'm so sorry Alicia.", I nodded and went back to working. All I could think about was what he just said to me and how badly I wanted to be with him, but memories of that day he was with her at that restaurant flashed across my mind.

*time skip to 5pm*

All the work was finally done, so I could leave. I grabbed my stuff and started heading out. I saw someone familiar smoking outside the building and he smiled once he saw me.

"I must be lucky.", Marcus said with a smile on his face.

"You work here?", I asked.

"No, a friend of mine."

"Marcus Grey doesn't work for anyone.", he said and winked.

"You're not funny.", I said trying not to laugh, but I couldn't resist.

"Ouch, you hurt my feelings.", he fake pouted. "Now you have to let me take you out for drinks.", he added.

Smooth.

"Fine.", I said and gave him my number. I mean at some point I'll have to move on from Caleb and the sooner the better. 

Once I got home, I went straight into my room and let myself fall on the bed trying to avoid thinking about Caleb and what he said. Thankfully, my phone rang and it was Celeste so I picket it up and answered.

"Before you say anything, yes I'm fine, I went to work, I spoke with Caleb and he apologised. Plus I have some sort of date with someone else.", I said before she had the chance to ask anything.

"You bitch, I was so worried.", she said and I could understand by her voice that she was indeed very worried.

"WAIT DID I HEAR A DATE?", she added before I could say anything.

"Well, I don't know if you would call it a date, he just asked me out for drinks."

"So... A date.", she said and laughed. "Oh yes, before I forget, I found this amazing apartment that we can go see if you're still up for us moving in together."

"Uh are you kidding? Yes I fucking want to. Plus I need to get out of here as soon as possible."

"Is everything okay? You know what, nevermind, I'll pick you up in an hour and we can talk about it then on our way."

I explained to Celeste everything as she was driving us to the apartment she found and she was as shocked as I was when I found out about my mother. Soon we were there and we were greeted by a woman who was going to show us around. I loved it from the moment we set foot inside. All the rooms were huge and the whole design was modern.

On our way back, me and Celeste were vibing to any song that played, until my phone buzzed and I immediately picked it up, hoping it was Marcus.

--

hey sluts. sorry i didn't update sooner, i needed some time for myself bc im going through a lot and also im sorry if this is chapter is bad, im trying my best right now.