Chapter Three

"The Mountain has gone into lockdown. They left one door open." Barbara said from her computer as she hurriedly typed away at the keyboard. 

"What?" Stephanie asked, leaving her poor waffle at the table when she hurried over to stand behind Babs. 

"Intruder Protocol. I'm not sure why they left a door open, though." Babs continued, pulling up the cameras to the team's headquarters. 

It looked like a normal day, the team training for most of the morning. Then, at 11:26 AM, the cameras became faulty, before cutting off completely a few seconds later. 

"You know, this is exactly what happened when you appeared."  

Only two superheros in the entire Universe knew about how Steph came into the game. Everyone else thought Barbara had found her using some advanced moves to save civilians from a gang war. In actuality, Babs had met Steph a week before, when she appeared in her living room. 

It took a few days for the redhead to trust her, but eventually, Babs realized that Steph's story checked out. They decided to keep quiet about it, because every superhero is paranoid and the fact that you can travel between universes should definitely not be told to the villains. 

It wasn't until a few months later, when Bart arrived from the future, that someone else found out. 

Bart seemed to know how important it was to keep this secret, because he never mentioned it until he and the girls were alone. 

It was then that they realized Steph was in this Universe for one reason, and that reason had yet to arrive.

Until now. 

"You think...?" Steph trailed off, a hint of hope in her voice. 

Babs smiled warmly at the girl she saw as a younger sister. "Yeah. Head to the mountain. Try to explain what's going on to Tim before the Bats can start to question him. We'll need to figure out a cover story."

When Steph arrived, she found all of the mountain's occupants crowding inside of the Medical Room. That must be where Tim was. She should above expected him to arrive hurt. This was Timothy Drake, the Robin with no self sufficient abilities, after all.

When she got to the entrance to the room, she heard Bart shout, "Don't worry, guys! Tim won't hurt us! And even if he did, we wouldn't be able to stop him. He's totally crash!"

Which, yeah, they definitely would not be able to stop Tim if he really got going. That was just who Tim was. 

Steph decided to make her entrance dramatic and awesome, because, why not? Tim got to do that when he arrived. It's her turn. 

"What the fuck is going on? Oracle is very angry that you went into lockdown without telling her what was wrong and she sent me as backup."

Steph pushed forward in the room and then she saw him. 

Tim. Her ex boyfriend. 

The boy she could never really move on from. 

He's here. Now. 

And oh, God, she wasn't ready for this. 

She couldn't do this, couldn't see him