xxxvii

The six of them were sitting together while eating dinner when Angelina approached them and strictly reminded Fred, George and Alicia that they needed to be during the keeper tryouts on Friday. Once she was gone, Alicia dropped her fork on her plate loudly and ran her fingers through her hair.

"I swear that I'm this close to calling Puddlemore United to ask if Wood has been murdered because it looks like Johnson has been possessed by his spirit! She's driving me bloody insane!" she huffed.

"She's driving all of us bloody insane Spinnet" Fred groaned.

"Wood? Isn't that the handsome one you lost it to?", Maddie smirked.

"You lost it to Oliver Wood?!", Lee choked.

"Indeed, and let's just say that the man knew what he was doing", Ali wiggled her brows and continued eating.

"WHEN? WHERE?" George said loudly.

"Fifth year in the locker rooms after practice before we won the cup" Alicia laughed.

"Damn, and he didn't made you captain?" Fred joked.

"Don't be daft, he asked me if I wanted to and I said no because it was way to much responsibility but seeing Angelina chasing me around like a lost puppy reminding me every five minutes that I have to be there for tryouts is making me regret my life choices" Alicia said through gritted teeth.

"Well, as much as I would like to hear all of you complaints about quidditch, I must be off now" Maddie stood up and grabbed her bag from the floor.

"Where are you going?" Lizzie asked her.

"Detention but with McGonagall instead of Umbridge", Maddie shrugged and exited the great hall.

Once she arrived at McGonagall's office, she knocked on the door three times and the door opened. "Hi Minnie", Madeleine smiled at the older witch.

"Good afternoon Maddie, take a seat", McGonagall gestured to the chair in front of her desk.

"So should I start writing lines or helping you grade papers?"

"Well it's just the second day so there isn't much you can do right now, the only thing that you can do is catch up with your homework"

"Already done" the blonde beamed.

"All of it? Surely you're taking many NEWT classes, are you sure you're done?", McGonagall lifted her brows.

"I am, finished it all before dinner" Maddie grinned.

"Oh, very well" Minerva said, "I won't make you write lines and there isn't anything to clean so I suppose you can use your time freely while you're here".

"But can't I help you with anything else?"

"Not really, no. I have also finished everything on my pending list"

"We can gossip, Remus told me that the professors are always looking for gossip" Maddie smirked and she saw a small smile curling on the professor's lips.

"Would you like a cup of tea then dear?", McGonagall smiled softly.

They had been talking for almost an hour when the topic of couples came up. Professor McGonagall asked her about how things were going with George and Lizzie and after she answered, they both chatted about possible future couples around he school.

"No, no, no, no. I'm telling you that Ron and Hermione will end up together", Maddie laughed.

"I never said they wouldn't, I just think it will take them longer than a year to become a thing" McGonagall said.