Chapter fourty: Final Goodbyes and Tying up loose ends

1

"What do you think he wants?" Sawyer and Cassidy were walking to Chases office together, Sawyer came for moral support (and for the taco place that just opened near it.)

"I'm not sure...I'm hoping he isn't going to ask me to come work for him again. It was utterly exhausting when I had to turn him down last time."

Cassidy thought back to when he called her to 'double check' and told her to sleep on it. But she knew what she wanted.

It had been two days since they ran into Chase on some sidewalk, and the curiosity has been eating away at Cassidy. Likely the main reason she even agreed to meet with him again.

Chase was vague about the details, only saying that it was a conversation that deserved better than to be told over a phone.

Sawyer and Cassidy split up right in front of the office, Cassidy went in, and Sawyer walked to the taco place.

•.                                         •.                                  •.

"Ms. Rose, it's always a pleasure."

Chase shook Cassidys hand before he offered her a seat in a big chair in front of his desk.

"Thank you for meeting with me today, I wanted to talk with you about your restaurant." He folded his hands together, making Cassidy a little suspicious.

"I already told you it's doing just fine, I'm staying with my own restaurant." Chase only smiled at her, waiting for her to finish.

"I know. You were very clear about that, I wanted to talk about something else." Chase slid over a check to Cassidy, and her eyes widened when she saw the number written on it.

"What the hell is this?" She didn't touch it, just stared back up at Chase.

"I want to invest in you. I believe that any restaurant being run by you will be successful, and I want in." Chase leaned in with a serious face, and Cassidy continued to stare.

He went on to explain the hard ships of owning a restaurant, and that he's willing to pay for some of it if it means success.

•.                                        •.                                  •.

"What are we supposed to do with it?" Miles refused to touch the urn, and let Beau grab it out of the box.

"Well...We can each say our goodbyes, and we can go spread some of it somewhere she loved."

Eric had a small smile on his face and handed Maisy the bubble wrap. "You know, far away from Dad."

They all shared a smile at that, towards the end Wyatt and Darlene really did despise each other.

Maisy stayed out of the conversation and sat on the opposite side of the room with Teddy and the bubble wrap.

"I had an idea of what to do with some of her, we could make something." Beau looked over the urn, examining every inch of it.

Miles and Eric looked at him with semi disgusted faces. "Did you say make something out of her?"

Beau rolled his eyes at them and set the urn down on the coffee table. "Yes, haven't you seen that you can have ashes turned into small decorations, fireworks, I guess plants, jewelry, records, some people get tattoos-"

Miles stopped him before he went any further. "Yeah, yeah. We got it."

Amber smiled at Beau's words though. "I like that."