Chapter 36

Recap:

Alexander looks at his son for an excruciatingly long few moments before shifting his eyes to me. They flick between the two of us before finally landing on Stefan. "Ok." He sighs, decidedly defeated, before looking at me once again. "Rosaline, I give you my blessing."

The Wedding 

"Happy wedding day Rosaline!" I groan, opening an eye lazily to see none other than Courtney and Lily stood by my bed, beaming down at me with wide grins and a tray of my breakfast.

Wait - today's the big day! I'M GETTING MARRIED TODAY! Okay, ok, calm down Rosaline...

And it's Stefan's birthday. I'm a little sad I can't be there when he wakes up, to wish him a happy birthday. It's his 21st after all! But then, I suppose a wedding of the century is probably a sufficient celebration...

"Rose." I smile into the phone at Stefan's sleepy reply. It's a whooping 5am - torture I know - but the wedding ceremony is set to begin at 12 and it would seem Courtney and Lily think there's a lot to do.

"I'm sorry it's so early but I just wanted to call while I could and say... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I squeal, before proceeding to awfully him happy birthday.

"Thank you... I can't wait to see you later. It's been torture."

"I miss you too." We followed the tradition of not seeing one another the day before the wedding, which has oddly felt like an age. I know we've apart for longer before - way long, yet it's been torture not seeing him. Maybe it's the wedding nerves. I haven't been in his arms or been comforted by his words. He always know what to say and do, and I've missed it. Him.

I don't get to speak with him much longer before Lily is taking the phone from me as Courtney runs a bath. After breakfast in bed, which I barely manage to even touch, I'm being pushed into a luxurious bath and being scrubbed all over.

Once out and dry, Lily passes me a gorgeous white, silk robe with the word 'bride' in golden, cursive letters on the back. Sitting me in a chair, she brings me a cup of tea while Courtney dries my hair. Just as she's finishing, in come Lexi, Em and Laura in matching robes but with 'bridesmaid' instead of 'bride' scrawled on theirs.

"OH MY GOD!" They squeal as we lock eyes. The rush in pulling me into a group hug as a team of people follow holding chairs, tables, mirrors, lights and a whole host of other bits and bobs. Within minutes my room is set for purpose, like a factory almost - for brides and bridesmaids. There are chairs for the four of us, each with artificial lights, ring lights and tables with mirrors stood in front of each. And, for some reason, three photographers circle the room ready to take photos. I've no idea why there's so many, but it's not like I really arranged any of this or even had much control over it.

"Madam..." I'm lead to one of the chairs where two ladies are waiting.

"I'm Ariana madam, I'll be doing your make up."

"And I'm Ellie miss, I'll be doing your hair."

The girls introduce themselves warmly, before getting to work. It feels so nice having someone ones your hair and make up doesn't it? I can't explain if, it's just a nice feeling.

It feels like years Ariana spends on my face and yet when I look in the mirror my face looks ... surprisingly sparse? I mean you can tell I'm wearing make up, don't get me wrong. But it's natural and I still look like me - which I love. It merely seems to enhance and sharpen my features. "Close your eyes miss." Ariana sprays some setting spray onto my face as a finishing touch, before moving on to Em's make up.

Ellie makes a start on my hair and now my make up's done, I can look at my phone and catch up on the numerous messages from my family. I just can't believe it's done! I'm getting married... I'm getting married! And to Stefan... aww Stefan. My Stefan.