Chapter 38 - BONUS CHAPTER 2

Bonus Chapter (2)

Rosaline's POV

"I can't wait to see you again! It's been too long! Call me when you land safely; there'll be a car waiting for you!" I end the call, smiling at the thought of finally being able to see Lexi again. I've missed her so much; we try to call or FaceTime at least once a week but our lives have just been so busy these last few years that being able to physically see each other has become harder and harder. The last time I saw her was probably about a year ago, at Em and Alex's wedding.

I KNOW! How cute right? I'm so happy they ended up together, but it's tragic that was the last time I saw my best friend... I miss her; it can get lonely and a little overwhelming here at the Palace on your 'own'. Well, not that I'm alone but a girl needs her best friend and some respite doesn't she.

"Was that Lexi?"

I turn my head to see Stefan walking into the kitchen. He comes up behind me, placing his arms round my stomach and placing them on my belly.

"Yeah! She was about to board! I told her to call us when she landed, I thought we could send Joseph to go get her." I suggest, referring to my favourite driver of ours.

"Ofcourse, sounds like a great idea." He gives me a kiss on the cheek, before releasing me to get a drink from the fridge. I'd sent the chefs home because I wanted to make a nice homemade meal as a welcome; I don't really cook too often anymore because I don't have to but it's still a hobby of mine. "Is Dylan coming with her?"

I frown. "I'm not sure... I don't really know exactly what's going on with them at the moment... Have you heard from him recently?"

"No... last I heard from him was after they broke up what, two/three months ago now? He said he was taking some time to go travelling or something and I haven't heard from him again since. But I'm sure he'll check in sooner or later, doubt he'll let it get to six months."

"I really don't know what happened with them, but I'm sure I'll find out." Lexi and Dylan have been rather on and off these past few years. I've barely been able to keep up in all honesty, especially with our friendship essentially existing virtually for the past few years. They were together for Em and Alex's wedding, and Lexi told me when they broke up a few months ago. But she never gave me any details. It's sad, I always thought they were so made for each other. But I guess life just gets in the way sometimes?

"Do you need any help with-"

"MUMMYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" I groan at the sound of our hysterical three year old son's voice echoing through the Palace. What now?

"DADDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" And there's the inevitable screech of his agitated twin brother.

"Yes, you can go see what your kids want!" I sigh.

"Our kids my love." He smirks, pecking me on the lips quickly before hurrying out of the kitchen and following their screaming. As he slips through the  doorway, he passes our other child who comes unsteadily running in. "Mumma!" He calls, his arms extended to me.

"Rhys! Come here honey." I quickly pop all the food I've prepped into the oven before reaching down to pick up my son and bring him to my hip. "Ooof, someone's getting a bit heavy aren't they. Come on, we should probably help daddy and see what mischief your brothers are up to."

Stefan and I celebrated the birth of our first children almost three and a half years ago now. It's hard to believe it's been so long already! Ethan and Lucas are twins (non-identical), Lucas just fifteen minutes older. Rhys followed just over a year later. As you can imagine, having three boys all under the age of four running around is absolute chaos. No exaggeration. I am a little sad not to have a girl, but our boys are so gorgeous I can't be upset at all. They're my whole world; I love them so much.