s1:ep23→there's oxytocin in the air and it's killing me

( Here's a challenge: Count how many times I typed the word 'chocolate' ).

╭─────────────────╮

ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ²³
❝𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘'𝗦 𝗢𝗫𝗬𝗧𝗢𝗖𝗜𝗡 𝗜𝗡
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗜𝗥 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗜𝗧'𝗦 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗠𝗘❞
╰─────────────────╯

"Don't mind me, just buying my homies some chocolates," you muttered under your breath as you sift through the aisles. You woke up a bit early in the morning just to go to convenience stores to buy chocolates for your friends. Any later than that and you don't think you'll be able to buy any once the store gets filled with frantic students who are also looking for the same item as you.

Apparently, Valentine's Day was a long-awaited holiday for the students in your school -- maybe even all of the students in Japan. You never bothered to indulge yourself with this crappy holiday ( which is obviously a scam to get you to buy chocolates. ) The same goes for White Day. Why put effort to make homemade chocolates only to get rejected and humiliated?

"Now, where's the cheapest brand," you hummed, squinting your eyes to analyze the pricetags.

Hairo, your class' president and representative, planted a seed in your money-obsessed brain that Valentine's day isn't all about romance and that it's all about appreciation which was. . .an acceptable explanation.

He told you about friendship chocolates and you were immediately sold like a naive customer to a shady and 'convenient' product. Why not show some appreciation to your friends because they managed to tolerate you the whole school year?

"Heh, maybe I should buy a pack of kisses and give them five of each," You thoughtfully hummed, stopping in front of the aforementioned chocolate brand. ( Not sponsored. The author did not censor it for very obvious reasons ).

There are exactly 25 chocolates inside the package meaning you can only give them to 5 people. Luckily you have 5 legit friends to give them to: Nendou, Kaidou, Aren, (maybe) Kusuo, and Teruhashi if you ever got the chance to bump into her.

"What!? What do you mean it's 2,500 yen?" You gaped at the cashier's dull expression, "Today's Valentine's day, shouldn't there be a discount?"

"That is the discounted price."

You clicked your tongue, muttering under your breath, "Bullshit." Times like these make you wish that you're friends with pretty girls to help you with discounts rather than hormonal teenage boys who do nothing but eat hot chip and probably lie ( but you still love them ).

Oh, Mimi-chan, lend me your pretty face just this once for a higher discount, you internally prayed.

As if the angels answered your desperate wish, the store's slide doors opened with a familiar melody to announce the arrival of a new customer.

Please be Teruhashi, you obsessively chanted, slowly turning around.

"You're early today."

Your shoulders dropped in utter disappointment once you've registered the apathetic voice that belongs to the one and only pink-haired psychic, Saiki Kusuo.

It was the exact opposite of what you wanted right now.

He looked suspiciously at the chocolate package you were carrying after his monotonous and unenthusiastic greeting. Just to spite him, you hid the item behind your back and glared at him.