chap. 27

He glanced at her from the side of his eye, as they walked out of the city.

Childe averted his gaze away from the female next to him, fixing it on his bandaged arm. Remembering the fight with Aether, a frown appeared on his face.

It was already the second time that he lost to the traveller; making him sigh in frustration. The Fatui was also a little exhausted, due to the use of his foul legacy.

The figure of the small fairy popped up in his mind; loudly complaining about his behavior and how she was still angry at him for the incident with the sea monster.

He silently recalled the sight of Aether's sharp gaze, before their second fight. But Childe didn't mind the two of them being angry at him; he was still a Fatui after all. It would be a lie, if he said that it wasn't entertaining to cause chaos.

Childe replayed the scene of (y/n) in his embrace in his head, his lips tugging in a smile as he did so. He couldn't deny that he was a little curious about the female.

The sudden feeling of grass under his feet interrupted his thoughts. His eyes immediately darted to (y/n), as soon as he realized that they had left the path and were walking across grassland by now.

The Harbinger spotted a coast in front of them, the sound of the small waves filling the air. Liyue Harbor was only a few hundred meters away from there.

The sun slowly started to disappear from the sky, tinting it in a soft red color. Childe looked at (y/n), wondering how she could be so carefree around him, after what he had done.

On the other hand he wasn't able to fight in this condition anyway; he blinked a few times and shortly looked at his arm, before letting his gaze over the ocean.

His feet sunk a little into the ground, as they started to walk over the sand.

"Violet Grass", the girl next to him suddenly pointed her chin towards a cliff nearby, causing the Fatui to pause for a moment before looking at the direction she was pointing at. He recognized familiar petals; the male once saw Qiqi bring a bunch of them into the pharmacy.

With a satisfied hum, Childe gently grabbed the females wrist with his uninjured hand and pulled her towards the cliff.

(y/n) smiled and put the flowers into a small package to prevent them from any damage. Childe closely watched her climb up, trying to make sure that she didn't fall; even though the flowers weren't that high up.

"We should get back before it gets dark", (y/n) requested, earning a nod in response. Childe grinned and quickly patted her shoulder, causing him to hiss in pain a few seconds later as he used his injured hand. "It's fine"

(y/n) gave him a concerned stare, before hesitantly starting to move towards Liyue Harbor again. After a few moments of groaning, Childe hurried to catch up with the female.

The gentle wind caused his orange hair to fall into his face, slightly covering his sight. He gritted his teeth, trying to ignore the stinging pain from his wrist as tiredness overcame him.

'Hopefully that cocogoat girl is back', he silently prayed and held his bandaged arm.

A small gasp caught his attention; he slowly turned his head to (y/n), who's gaze seemed to be fixated on something nearby. A familiar noise filled the air.

Childe's eyes fluttered as soon as he recognized it.

His sleepiness immediately disappeared, heartbeat quickening as his eyes widened at the sight of the creature in front of them.

A ruin hunter.

———

It's 3am and School starts tomorrow/today :(