Heartbeat

"Guys, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news

"Guys, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news." Stiles said running into the classroom, taking the spot beside Will and behind Scott. "Dude, I think we already know." Will whispered, pointing to the person sitting in front of him.

None other than Isaac Lahey sat in front of Will, a big smirk on his face.

Stephanie walked into the classroom from the front, her head down at the papers in her hands. She spent all night searching up anything that could tell her what a kanay is and what it does.

Stiles cleared his throat, making Stephanie finally look up and see who was in class. Stephanie's eyes grew wide. Isaac looked up at the sound of a fast heartbeat in front of him and sent a charming smile to Stephanie, giving her a small wave with it.

Stephanie gave him a tight lipped smile before scrambling into the seat in front of him, keeping her eyes on the article she printed and tried to ignore who was behind her.

...

"All right, I only found one thing online called the kanima. It's a werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers." Stiles explained as they left the classroom. Stephanie chuckled, shaking her head. "That thing was not a jaguar."

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer." Stiles shot at her.

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead." Scott said, walking away, leaving Steph, Stiles and Will in the hall, jaws dropped.

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this friendship." Stiles yelled down the hall before turning to Stephanie. "Did you find anything out about cannedeyes?"

"Kanay's" Stephanie corrected, making Stiles roll his eyes. "Kanay's. Did you find anything about Kanay's?" Stephanie trilled her lips, looking down at all the papers in her hands.

"Kanays are supernatural beings that apparently keep the balance of Earth, whatever the hell that means. They are said to be the first ever supernatural beings to exist. They have the power to control the elements, and telekinesis." Stephanie said and Stiles' jaw dropped.

"And apparently that birthmark on my shoulder is a spider marking. It's almost like a stamp, to let anyone know I'm a kanay. I can learn to control it and send it onto people to take over their minds. It's very interesting actually." Stephanie shrugged out and Stiles stopped walking.

"You're telling me that you have these crazy superpowers and a pet spider as a birthmark and all you have to say is, 'It's very interesting'." Stiles said, mimicking Stephanie. She whacked his arm, pushing the papers into her chest. "Yep! Here, check it out. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get to History."

...

After History, Stephanie walked towards chemistry when Will and Stiles grabbed onto her arms, Scott right beside them. "So, Derek might kill Lydia." Stiles muttered to Stephanie, making Scott groan as the four walked into class.