Chapter Six

I open the door to my apartment placing my bag and laptop down on the kitchen counter before heading to my room and quickly throwing on a pair of jeans and a tan turtleneck long sleeve shirt. I put on my tan high heel boots and anxiously await for the arrival of who is to pick me up. I pace backward and forwards contemplating whether I should cancel or not. I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about babysitting Lyon at Landon's tonight. I go to grab my phone to cancel on babysitting when there is a knock at my door which stops me, "Fuck," I whisper to myself before opening the door.

"Good evening, Miss Talken," an elderly guy greets me at the door with a small smile. He is around his late 50s early- 60s. He dresses in a black suit with a small black bow tie, "Shall we go?" he asks stepping out of the way for me. I quickly grab my bag and laptop planning on getting some more work done for Landon's dress and suit.

I follow him down the stairs to be met with a black Ranger Rover. I follow the gentleman to the car as he politely opens the door for me. I smile and give him a small nod before getting into the car to see Lyon already in the car playing on his iPad. Lyon stops and looks up at me with a huge smile, "Charlie-Rose," he greets me making my body relax placing a small kiss on the cheek.

"Lyon, how are you?" I ask as he blushes from the kiss on his cheek. I giggle as he looks down at his iPad avoiding eye contact with me.

"I'm good now that you're here," he mumbles and flashes me a cute smile.

"That's good," I look over to see him drawing on his iPad.

I end up zoning out and looking out the window on the drive to Landon's. I didn't even realise my hands are shaking until Lyon places his hands on mine, "Charlie-Rose are you okay?" he asks in the sweetest caring voice.

I just nod and give him a reassuring smile before focusing back out the window when suddenly a massive mansion comes into view. It feels like I dislocated my mouth when it drops open at the site of it, "Does Landon live here all by himself?" I ask the driver.

He smiles and nods before opening the door for Lyon. Holy fuck. We walk into the house that gives me dark vibes. The walls are a mix of grey and black, the floors are a dark wooden colour. His furniture matches the whole dark vibe. The couch is a dark grey colour decorated with light shades of grey and black.

Lyon runs and jumps onto the couch while I stand there awkwardly taking in his house... correction mansion, "Charlie-Rose, Uncle Landon won't be home for another hour or maybe longer so come watch TV with me please," he bats his eyelashes at me making it harder for me to resist. I let out a massive breath of relief knowing I have an hour to prepare to see him.

••••••

Two hours have passed, and Landon still isn't home. I'm just hoping he stays at work for one more hour so I can leave before he gets home. That's if he is even at work, he could be with his date for all I know. I scoff and continue putting dresses design together. I end up choosing an off-the-shoulder top with a mermaid bottom. I sigh looking at the time on my laptop to see the time hasn't changed since I last looked. Come on hour please pass quickly so I can avoid him. I wish too soon. The front door opens and in walks, the one and only Landon Heart, "Uncle," Lyon screams running into his arms. Landon wraps his massive arms around Lyon's small body frame. It was kind of sweet seeing him show affection towards Lyon, he really cares for him.

"Have you guys eaten?" he asks walking closer to me. I close my laptop, standing up, and training my eyes on the floor taking deep breaths. What the fuck have you done to me Landon Heart? I haven't even known you for a week but yet you make me feel all weird things.