Chapter Seven

I wake up with a pounding in my head and the light glaring unforgivably through my windows, "Fuck me," I hiss racing out of my comfortable bed closing the curtains before laying back down on my cloud. I check my phone to see it's Saturday which means I have the weekend free to work on Landon's designs. I get up and head straight for the shower. My pajamas hit the tiles in the bathroom leaving me bare. I turn the water on and wait outside of the shower waiting for it to heat up to my desired temperature. I take in my appearance in the mirror noticing how much weight I lost after Harley's passing, food just doesn't appeal to me as much as it uses to.

I look down at the counter shaking my head before looking back up in the mirror. I gasp as I see her long honey blonde hair and bright golden-brown eyes staring at me in the mirror. I squeeze my eyes shut, "She's not real," I whisper to myself, "She's not real you're hallucinating again," I hate when I start seeing people from my past especially dead people, "You're okay just open your eyes and hop into the shower," I reassure myself and slowly open my eyes to see her gone making me release I sigh of relief.

••••••

I walk into a little café not far from my apartment to grab a coffee and a croissant. The lady calls my name and passes me my coffee I give her a quick "Thanks" and small smile before exiting and making my way through the busy crowd of New York City. I pull off to the side to get up directions to Mendel Goldberg Fabrics because I found this beautiful sapphire blue fabric, they have which will be perfect for the dress and suit. I start following the directions on my phone when I come into contact with a person's chest spilling my coffee all over me, "Shit I'm sorry," comes a familiar voice. I look up to see his ash-blonde hair and deep brown eyes, "Are you okay?" he asks reaching out his hand for me.

I nod taking his hand letting him lift me up off the ground, "Yeah I'm okay thanks," I give him a small smile and look down at my stained clothes, "My clothes, on the other hand, says otherwise," I let out a dry laugh.

"I'm sorry about your clothes I can get you new ones or shout you dinner to repay you," he stands still holding my wrist in his hands.

"That's not necessary," I pull my hand away from his grabbing the napkin out of the bag with my now squished croissant and wipe up the left-over droplets on my clothes.

"I think it is and plus you owe me a dinner from when I found you in the alleyway that time," I look up at him to see his ash-blonde hair is gelled back and he wears a dress shirt with dress pants very different from the first time we met, he isn't covered in sweat or showing off his skin which is a shame.

"I don't even know your name or have your number."

"That's an easy fix," he bends down picking up my phone that I forgot I dropped, "There's my number and my name is Asher you are?" Asher passes me my phone back with his number in it.

"Charlotte-Rose but you can call me Charlie-Rose," I smile at him as heat fills up my body and I can't tell if it's from the warm coffee that has been spilt on me or the fact that my cheeks are probably beet red.

"Charlie-Rose such a beautiful name," Asher cups my face brushing some hair out of my face, "Well I have to get going text me to make a plan for our dinner," he winks at me before walking off into the crowd.

I shake my head and continue following the directions to the fabric shop even though I'm covered in coffee.

••••••

I place the load of fabric down on my couch letting out a massive sigh, "Jesus why was that so heavy?" I groan shaking my arms out.

"Isn't this pretty Kayla," Harley lefts up the sapphire fabric on the manikin.