Chapter Fourteen

I confirm my appointment one more time rereading the message making sure I have the right day and time. I swipe down on my phone making sure it's the 20th of February. My phone reads the 20th of February. Calm down Charlie-Rose you'll be fine. I check the time again, 3:34 pm. Four minutes late, it can't be today. I tell myself. My leg bounces up and down, my palms start to sweat, I can feel my heartbeat through the tip of my fingers, my swallowing echoes through my ears. I hear the lady at the front desk shuffling some papers and the clock ticking behind me. The smell of fresh daisies washes through the room trying to create a calming aurora but my body doesn't submit to it, it remains tense and shaking. My throat is burning dry, and a bundle of nausea sits in the bottom of my stomach making me want to throw up at any second.

Another six minutes passed and it's now 3:40 pm ten minutes past the session. I should leave. Rings through my head. I agree with the comment and stand up grabbing my purse and jacket about to leave when a door opens and I hear a familiar voice talking to another person, "I'll see you next week Liliana," Asher says stopping at the front desk. The lady says her goodbyes and walks out the front door. I look at Asher. He's looking fine in his button-up navy blue shirt and black dress pants. So basic but still he pulls it off as if no other man has ever warned it, "Charlie-Rose," he smiles at me, and my body relaxes a bit, "Sorry for taking so long," he apologies.

"No, it's all good," I walk over to him.

"Right follow me," he starts walking down the hall with me following close behind him.

He swings a door open and stands to the side motioning for me to walk in first, "Thank you," I mumble quietly walking past him.

I stand by the door taking in the room. There's a couch and a chair placed in front of the couch only being separated by a coffee table. Behind the chair is a desk with a laptop placed on top and some stationery, books, and a lovely stack of paper, "Take a seat on the couch Charlie-Rose," I look over at the light grey couch and slowly make my way over it taking a seat on the edge of the couch, "I was surprised to see your name on my list of appointment today," Asher states grabbing a note pad and pen before taking a seat on the chair, "So Charlie-Rose where do you want to start?" his question confuses me and I sit there staring at him blankly.

"Um..." I rub my hands together, "I don't know where to start," I confess.

He cross his leg over and rest the note pad in his lap, "Start from the beginning if you fill comfortable, you only have to talk about what you are comfortable with I'm never going to push you to share, but just so you know nothing leaves this room unless I feel as if you are in danger to yourself or others," his face has soften and he relaxes into his chair, "So tell me whatever you want," I shuffle around a bit feeling his stare on me not daring to break away.

"Well, I lost my mom when I was younger," I start, "I was about seven years old and she got into a car crash and lost her life," I let out a shaky breath, "Is this okay?" I ask him and he just nods for me to continue. I take a deep breath before starting again, "She was pregnant at the time about to give birth any second or so when it happened," I replay dad and I making a cake waiting for mom to come home when the phone rings and everything changes in my dad, "I was home with dad making a cake for mom when for when she got back from the mall when the phone rang," my voice cracks and I feel my lips quiver.

"Here," he passes me a cup of water and a box of tissues.

"Thank you," I notice my hand is shaking as I bring the cup to my mouth. I open my mouth slightly letting the cooling water rush down my throat. I finish the cup of water and place it down on the coffee table, "Should I continue?" I ask him.