Chapter Sixteen

Well, today is Wednesday, and it is 11:00 am only half an hour until I meet Landon's date. I brush over the suit and poof the dress one more time making sure it's perfect. This is one of my best work for the short period time I had to make them. I look down at my hands to find them shaking rapidly, I pick up a pen and start playing with it knowing that Landon and I fucked yesterday but Saturday he is going out with another girl to an event where there is going to be paparazzi. The sound of plastic cracking in my hands pulls me away from my thought to see the pen I had just been holding in two bits, "For fuck sake," I growl throwing it in the bin and wiping my hands clean of the ink.

I tap on my phone checking the time. Fifteen minutes, okay. I leave my office to go make myself a quick coffee. By the time I get back, Landon was just exiting the elevator... alone. Why is he alone? Where's his date? I can't help but smile thinking of the two options she either dropped out on him or she isn't here yet. I think I'll stick with option two. I settle down in my seat with a massive grin on my face watching Landon and Stacy walk over to "my" office.

Soft knocks from Stacy greet my ear peacefully. The door creaks open a bit, and she pops her head through the crack, "Mr. Heart is here Charlie-Rose," I smile and nod gesturing to let him in.

He enters in his scent immediately hitting my nose making me want to moan but I hold myself together, "Morning Landon," I gesture for him to take a seat, "Where's your date?" I ask looking out the glass to the elevator, "Is she coming?" I need answers.

"She is already here," he moves in his seat leaning back into it and crossing his arms over his chest making his biceps bulge in the suit jacket.

Confusion rushing over my face as I stare at the glass wall to the elevator waiting for someone to walk out, "I don't see her?" I stand up from my desk, "What is going on Landon where is she?" I'm extremely confused about what is happening right now.

He lets out an amused chuckle, "I told you I didn't break the rules of the deal sweetheart, you're my date for the event, not some random girl. That's why I asked you to do your measurements," I feel like such an idiot, How did I not realise?

"But what about your lunch date today you turned me down remember," I glare at him.

An amused smirk plays on his smug face, "I had to throw you off my trail sweetheart, if I would have said yes you can't tell me you would have been suspicious," he leans forward making a very valid point, "And yes me and my date are going for lunch like you offered Monday," my heart does a backflip at his words, but I'm still pissed.

"Sorry I can't I've made other plans," a cheeky smile falls on my lips, "I found another person to have lunch with," I cross my arms over each other, "Maybe another time though," I can see Landon is pissed at my words.

His body has tensed up and he is glaring at me deathly, "So you'll cancel on them," he grits through his teeth, "You already made plans with me so cancel it right now," this behavior is different from him. Why would he care if I went out with anyone else? We are just fuck buddies after all.

"Why do you care?' I question his behavior, "You shouldn't care Landon that's not how this deal works," we both wince at my words.

"Fuck the deal for five minutes would you," he stands up walking over to me, "Stop bringing it up every time we talk," I'm at a loss on where this conversation is going, "Charlie-Rose, I'm begging you to cancel on whoever you're going out to lunch with and come out with me. I like spending time with you, you're great company," I can't help but blush at his words, "Please," he crouches down capturing my hands in his, "Please Charlie-Rose," what is happening? This isn't like Landon- he isn't the type to beg he is the type to get girls to beg for him and now here he is on his knee begging for me to go to lunch with him instead of with someone else which I completely made up.