21.

It was luxurious, and deliciously slow, and it felt disturbingly like making love, especially given the way Lauren kissed her tenderly the whole time.

......

The thieves rode away in a convertible, the sunset streaking behind them, the jewels turned into money and the money tucked safely away in a bank account. The closing credits rolled, and Camila leaned in to whisper in Lauren's ear, her soft hair brushing the girl's neck, "We need to stay for the credits"

Lauren's heart thumped a beat harder, and she couldn't deny that she was happy Camila insisted on proper movie etiquette herself. She didn't want to have to tell Camila she wanted to stay. The girl got it on her own.

"I always watch the credits, even when i don't have a client involved" she said, staying out in the red upholstered chair because she didn't want to miss seeing the name of the executive producer scroll up the big screen. She'd wait all the way through to the final shot, because that's what you did when you were in the biz. What happens before the credits brings butts to the seats, but what rolls on by after "The End" is why there's a movie in the first place, "But I do have a client in this film"

"Which one is yours?" Camila whispered as other patrons stood, and picked up empty popcorn tubs and cartons of junior mints.

She pointed to the first credit, "That's my guy"

"And you took good care of him, I trust?"

She nodded, "Got him very nice points on the back end"

Camila ran a finger down Lauren's arm, giving her an approving bod, "Impressive"

"I do what I can"

The names of the cast and crew, the key grip and the costumer streaked across the screen, and they watched them all. Soon, the movie reached its final frame, and silence filled the theatre.

"What did you think of the movie? And don't tell me you liked it because I had a client work on it"

Camila rolled her eyes, I have no need to suck up to you, Lauren. You're already putting out for me. But I love it. Especially because you're totally convinced at one point that there's no way they can walk out the vault with all those jewels, but then it turns out there was a hidden wall" she said, her expression animated as she recounted the film.

Lauren nodded enthusiastically, "That's exactly what I love about a good heist flick. The way the story makes you think one thing, and then all of a sudden" she said, twisting her hands to the side to demonstrate a U-turn, "you've gone the other direction"

"That's what a good story does, right? Surprises you. Challenges you"

The sweeping of a broom interrupted their conversation. Lauren glanced beside her. A skinny usher was cleaning the floor of the theatre. The thin theatre employee dumped the contents of the dustpan into a trash can and then left.

"I guess that's our cue to go" Lauren stood up, holding Camila's hand as they exited their row. "All alone in the movie theatre" she muttered as they made their way up the aisle, "The things we could do"

"You never stop, do you?"

"Thinking of ways to seduce you?"

Camila nodded, tucking a strand of her sexy brown hair behind her ear.

"Never"

"Your efforts are very much appreciated, but you do know you have this one in the bag?"

She reached her hand around Camila's waist, tugging her in close as they left the theatre, the bright lights of the lobby making her blink. "You're not the type of woman i would ever take for granted" she said, whispering low in Camila's ear, because the words were just for her. Camila shivered against her, causing Lauren to wrap her arm tighter around the girl.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why am i the type of woman you wouldn't take for granted"

She held open the door to the cinema, letting Camila walk onto the Californian street first, admitting the view of her legs. It was a Saturday afternoon, but she was wearing black stocking and her trench coat. Heels, too. A young man in a slouchy sweatshirt stared at Camila as she walked by, nearly tripping over his converse sneakers as he cranes his neck to gawk. Lauren wasn't bothered, in fact, she was a proud motherfucker to know the woman other people started at was with her. "Because you wear stockings on a Saturday to the movies. Because you do it not just to turn me on, but because you are intrinsically sexy. Because you have this gorgeous internal confidence that has nothing to do with what people think of you. Because you stayed in the theatre to watch the credits. Because you get why crime flicks are a damn good way to pass two hours. Because as much as i want to spend the entire weekend in bed, I also want to get to know you. Because I like talking to you as much as I like touching you. Is that enough?"

Camila stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, wrapped her arms around Lauren's neck, nodded her answer and planted a hard kiss on her lips. She tasted like popcorn from the movies.

"Mmm" Lauren growled, as a grey-haired couple side-stepped them. They were in Los Angeles, kissing on the street, doing exactly what new lovers should do on the weekend together.

"Yes, that's enough" She grabbed Lauren's hand and laced her slender fingers through the other girl's. "And I think you are a fabulous way to pass the time" she said, and Lauren suspected that was as much as Camila would admit when it came to that most dangerous territory of feelings. But Lauren would take it, she'd happily take it.

They resumed walking, a crisp April breeze blowing past them that smelled remarkably like rain as they neared Christopher street. The breeze billowed her coat momentarily, proving Lauren with a full-on view of her long legs, and just the slightest peak of her panties as her skirt danced upwards too. "Because of that, too" Lauren added.

"I arranged for that gust of wind. I ordered it to arrive at this instant"

Lauren laughed, then gestures to a sushi restaurant at the corner, "You hungry?"

Camila looked at her watch, "It's four in the afternoon"

"I know. But we skipped lunch when I needed to eat you instead, and I figured once we get to my place you're definitely going to be tied up"

"See, here's the thing" she said, holding up her hands, as if offering them for shackling, "You've been promising me these ropes, Lauren, and my wrists are still achingly empty"

Lauren swatted her ass, "Get some food in you, woman, before I tie you up and tie you down"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for such a late update, my laptop needs fixing so i had to finish this chapter on my phone