28. Why me?

"That's when I decided to move my family here, I knew he would do something bad

"That's when I decided to move my family here, I knew he would do something bad. Because the only way for him to get the money was if she died, then me and him would have got it. I hade planned every. We were only a few days away from leaving. Before...." Abraham was cut mid-sentence by Adam

"Before the accident happened" It sounded more like a question than a statement which made Abraham nod bore continuing.

"My wife died on the spot, but Noor was still breathing. We took her to the hospital, she was unconscious for a few days. During those days I inspected the car and why she didn't hit the breaks and saw that the breaks weren't working. But I was sure they worked the day before. Which only meant one thing" He couldn't get himself to say it. The more he thought about it the angrier he got knowing that he couldn't protect his family. He took a deep breath before saying the sentence

"That someone played with the breaks," Adam said instead of him. Spreeing him the hurt.

"Only a few hours after the accident I got a call from my father asking what happed and if both of them were dead. I was too stressed to even question how he knew. I wasn't suspecting anything so I told him the truth about Noor being in the hospital. And... and the next day I got I call from one of the nurses saying that Noor for some odd reason stop breathing and had some kind of allergic reaction to something."He took another pose. Adam could easily see how hard that was for him to talk about it.

"That's when I started getting suspicious. So I did the one thing I could and escaped. I told everyone that she died in the hospital and made a fake death certificate. "He said in both anger and sadness.

"By the time she woke up, she was really weak and had forgotten some part of her memories so it was easy to convince her of the information I had changed..." He again was cut mid-sentence when Adam asked

"Like her day of birth?" Adam knew the answer but still wanted to hear it from Abraham. When he didn't get an answer back he knew his suspension was true.

"How old is my wife Abraham?"Adam asked, the fact that he called him Abraham and not uncle made his question sound more serious.

"Just turned 20 last February " Adam only sighed as he wasn't sure what to say. He couldn't believe he was married to a girl 11 years younger than him.

"Why me?" Adam asked, as grateful as he was for having his little wife he still didn't understand why he was the one Abraham had chosen for his daughter.

"As sneaky as you have been I knew, I knew you had a thing for my daughter. In the beginning, I thought you were sent by my father and was worried he had discovered something. But a few weeks later I got a call from my father he wanted to discuss the money he was going to get. That's when I figured you had nothing to do with him. I did a background check on you and saw your success." Abraham said choking Adam a little. As he wasn't expecting Abraham to know everything he was doing. As much as he hated to admit it he was a little embarrassed that he had been court.