Bonus Chapter Pt. 2

•-Laine Bennett-•

Watching Austin the last year arranging the details of our wedding, I felt calm knowing things were all under control.

The day has finally come.

And I am terrified.

I stand in front of the mirror staring at my wedding gown for the millionth time since Mahalia and Thea had helped me into it.

The gown was stunning. Despite Austin telling me, there was no budget for my wedding dress, I could hardly help myself when a vintage gown came into the possession of my grandmother's antique shop. The dress was older, and I had instead used the money to repurpose the gown.

The sleeves hung off the shoulders. Rather than a pure white, the color was only just a shade off, making me look much more tan than I was. The gown fell off my hips but not so much I looked like Cinderella. The bodice was covered in lace that then dragged down the hips shading into the mesh cover of the skirt.

I felt like an absolute princess.

My hair was pinned up and out of my face and my makeup so light it hardly looked like I was wearing any.

"Wow," I turn at the sound of my Grams who stood at the entrance to where we were all getting ready.

"If your mother could see you today she would be so proud of you, Laine."

I smile, extending my hand to my grams. She takes it as she walks towards me slowly.

"You look absolutely beautiful today, Lainey."

I smile at my grandmother and pull her to me. I hug her longer than I should have, yet I could not help myself.

"I love you, Grams," I say to her.

Her hand presses to my bare back as she hugs me back tightly.

"I love Austin, Lainey, but if you want to run, just say the word," my grams and I part and I see the sentiment in her eyes.

I couldn't help but laugh as I brush away a stray tear.

"I'm not running, Grams."

Her smile widens as she winks at me.

"I was hoping you'd say that."

Before either of us could carry our conversation, Brent knocks on the door before pushing it open.

"It's showtime, Lainey. Are you ready?"

Taking one last look in the mirror I nod my head.

Today was the day I finally got what he promised.

Today was the day that Austin Wood was giving me the world.

•-Austin Wood -•

The New York Public Library was filled with guests. Some I hadn't met, and others I had known for years.

My heart pounded in my chest as I stare at the entrance.

The room of books had been decorated with string lights and white roses, Lainey's favorite of all the flowers. There were thin curtains of mesh tool hanging from the second story draping to the bottom level. Chairs were situated appropriately. I'd instructed guests to fill both sides even if they were not related to Lainey.

I did not want her to feel so lonely on her wedding day.

I stood in the center of the room waiting rather impatiently for the ceremony to begin.