Chapter 23- Paranoid

C H A P T E R  2 3

P A R A N O I D

"They called him dangerous, he was my safe

"They called him dangerous, he was my safe."

Song- Ribs; Lorde

Marlee

"I feel like this is a bad idea" Brianna whispers harshly as I pick the lock to the local art museum.

"This is definitely a bad idea" Miles agrees, holding the flashlight with an anxious look on his face.

"Well, The twins thought of it. What did you expect?" Asher mumbles motioning to Theo and I.

"I think this is a great idea!" Addie smirks, leaning against the wall.

"And it's only a bad idea if we get caught." I tell them, maneuvering the bobby-pin into the lock some more.

"Exactly" Cam says, high giving Theo. The door clicks and I turn to my friends.

"Got it!"

"Then let's do this bitch!" Theo basically shouts, we all shush him. "Sorry" he whispers.

"Are you guys in?" I ask Brianna and Miles. They both cross their arms and look at each other warily.

"Fine, but if we get caught it's on you guys." Miles points to us. Bri agrees as I wrap my arm around her.

"We won't get caught if you run fast enough." Addie winks, pulling open the door.

"Yeah, yeah." Brianna waves while being pulled inside by Theo. Asher and Theo rush in along with Miles leaving just Cam and I.

"You ready for this?" He nudges my shoulder with a grin. My smile grows and I nod.

"Hell yeah"

We catch up to everyone else who were already in the museum. The lights were off but our flashlights lit the paintings and statues sparsely.

"Mar! Bri! Look at this!" Addie calls me over to a statue of a angered looking man with a weird snarl and a powdered wig. Brianna and I both walk over to her. She leans into our ears and whispers "you can't tell me this doesn't look like Theo"

"I heard that!" Theo yells, marching over to us. He looks at the statue and scoffs "my hair is much better than that" he runs a hand through his blonde curls.