Chapter 5

“Ok… So let me get this straight… Harry likes cats.”

“PUSSIES!” Caitlyn corrected.

“Right, pussies. Louis likes carrots. Hence, the little carrot scene earlier.” I said and looked at Caitlyn.

“Can you say “earlier” again?” Miles asked.

“Earlier.” I repeated.

“Why wasn’t I born in England?! I wanna be able to say “uhleeuh” instead or “earlier”!” he whined and huffed making him look like a five-year-old.

“Miles! We’re getting off track here! This requires intense concentration!” Emma snapped and slapped him upon his head.

“Liam hates spoons.” I continued, “Niall likes food. And Jay likes mirrors. But I don’t get it! Jay’s not vain! He’s EVERYTHING but that.” I said, clearly confused. “He’s really insecure of himself. He used to say he couldn’t sing, and that he was ugly. It was just sad to see him say stuff like that. Because clearly he’s smoken hot and gorgeous and his voice is amazing. I bet angels are jealous of his voice. Wait, no! He is an angel. Someone must’ve cut his wings off. Or maybe he was sent here on a mission…” I blabbered. Damn me for not knowing how to shut myself up.

“No way…” Emma said in disbelieve.

“AAAAAAAAHH!!!” a high pitch scream came from Cait’s mouth. “NAT LOVES JAVAAD! NAT LOVES JAVAAD! NATALIE AND ZAYN SITTING IN A TREE! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” she chanted. 

“No! I don’t! No no no no no! He’s my best friend! Nothing more, I swear.” I defended myself. But it was no use. Even Miles joined in by now.

“Aight, aight. Enough! Let’t go check on the food. I think it’s done.” Emma said as she stood up and we followed her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ding dong. I heard the doorbell ring.

"I'LL GET IT!" Yelled Sara, even though she was standing merely 3 feet away from me.

"Yeah... Thank you for blowing up my eardrums." I murmured.

"You're welcome!" She sung as she skipped her was to the door.

"Emma, Nat, Miles! Trish and Nikole are here!" She said in a more relaxed, but still loud, tone.

"Ok! I'll set the table." Offered Miles.

"The food's already on the plates." I said.

"I'll get the drinks." Emma offered.

"And I'll just sit right here while you guys do all the work!" Nikole said as she slumped on a chair. Trish followed her lead as all of us helped to finish setting the table for dinner.

The dinner was simple, really. Some grilled chicken, steamed carrots with ranch to dip it in, and some white rise. I had a feeling this wasn't all we were eating today. Usually sleepovers consisted of a shitload of crisps, some homemade brownies, sweets, loads of Mountain Dew, and all the cookies that could be found in the kitchen. I wasn't really expecting this time to be any different. I know what you must be thinking. It probably goes something along the lines of “what a bunch of pigs” or “that must be unhealthy”. And it’s true. But it wouldn’t be a sleep over without that.

"Alright. You gotta eat fast because, believe it or not, Nat doesn't know anything about one direction. She didn't even know who they were till today." Caitlin said, much calmer than earlier.

Let me just clarify that she's not always like this. She just has episodes. So there's really no need to be scared of her. Don’t worry. I was scared of her when we first met, too.

"What?" Trish said with a shocked face.

"Yeah. Sorry! I really didn't know." I apologized.

"And turns out she and Zayn were neighbours and best friend and the lost contact." Miles blurted out.

"I hate you" I mouthed as I glared at him.

"EEEEP!" Trish let out an inhuman shriek.

"I had totally forgotten that you were from Bradford! AAAAHHH" Nikki yelled.

"Ok stop being so load and eat your food." Emma snapped.

"The sooner we eat, the sooner we get to eat brownies." She added. I knew it!

            Thanks to the good news, I ate my food at lightning speed. I was not very pleased about the fact that after dinner they would have me sat in front of a laptop and making me memorizing who knows how much information on these teen sensations. I mean, by what I’ve listed of their music is amazing but I am really not keen on fangirling. I adore music but I’ve never considered myself as a fangirl. Funny thing about liking these guys is that I usually don’t listen to pop. It was either old hip hop or a bit of alternative. But there is no denying that the One Direction boys have the voices of angels.

“Alright, so we’re all done! Imma get the brownies.” Emma said, disappearing into the kitchen with our plates. Miles then followed with our cups.

“Nat…?” Kait asked.

“Yeah, Kait?” I replied.

“Can I ask you something?” she asked.

“Yeah, anything.” I answered.

“We’re just gonna go help Miles and Emma.” Trish said and both her and Nikki went into the kitchen.

“Okay.” Kait and I chorused.

“How come you stopped talking to Zayn?” she questioned after they left.

“I don’t know. We never got into a fight or anything. It could’ve been me just as well as it could’ve been him. Maybe he got busy with his new carrier. Or maybe I got lost in schoolwork. We just… grew apart.” I said truthfully.

“You really miss him, don’t you?” she noticed.

“You have no idea…” I said; my eyes clouded with tears.

            I never really gave much thought to this. I never really realise how much I needed him in my life. He had been my best friend and probably my only friend for as long as I can remember. Part of me wants to forget what we were just so I didn’t have to bear with the fact that we won’t be able to see each other anymore but another part of me wanted to hold on to the amazing friendship we had and all the beautiful memories.

“Don’t worry.” She said as she gave me a hug. “You’ll see him again.”

I whipped away my tears and stood up.

“C’mon,” I said, “I want to listen to One Direction’s new album.” I said with all the excitement I could utter.

“Yeah! Let’s go! You are gonna love it.” She squealed, pulling me by my left arm.