Chapter 2

Maki

"What's up, my dude?" Maki grins at the brown haired man as he blinks back at her and converses with the hokage.

"Lord Hokage, are you sure?" Maki looks back and forth between them as the hokage nods when a knock sounds from his door.

"Come in." A tall man Maki recognized as Ibiki walked in.

Tenzo tensed slightly when his gaze fell on Maki though the girl was unaffected, and it even seemed her grin grew as she ran in front of the man and stepped back a little so she could see his face.

"You're so tall!" She yelled before holding her fist out to him.

"What's up, my dude? My names Maki and I have no idea what I'm doing here but you seem pretty nice and cool and you're super tall by the way, why do I only reach your knees? That's just super cool. Oh, sorry I'm rambling again and I think I'm annoying you now so I'll step out of the way, but bump my fist first, yo." His piercing gaze made Tenzo sweat lightly but Maki never lowered her fist even a bit.

In fact, she rose it higher.

"Am I too short?" She turns to face Tenzo with her fist still facing Ibiki.

"Can you lift me, mister brown hair?" Hiruzen chuckles as Ibiki reluctantly bumps his fist against the young girls whos eyes seemed to sparkle.

"Booyah!" She yelled, smiling so brightly it hurt the interrogators eyes. He stepped over Maki, smirking in amusement when she pouted.

"Hmph." She said before running up to Tenzo and holding up her arms, indicating she wanted to be lifted.

He looked back and forth between the young girl he would be caring for from now on, and the head of the village.

Hiruzen nodded with a warm smile, so Tenzo picked up the young girl and hugged her to him.

Suddenly, her head perked up and she began looking at the roof and around the room without stop.

"What's wrong?" The hokage asked the girl who stopped.

"Are there more people here? I smell pine cones and a bunch of stuff. It's the same as that other guy who was holding me before..." He blinked.

"It's no one." He smiled as she narrowed her eyes before grinning.

"Okay!" 

'This girl smiles so much...' Tenzo sweatdropped along with the hidden ANBU.

"Hey, mister brown hair?"

"Hm?" 

"What do I call you?"