Chapter 34

The next few days were quite eventful.

Satine had plead to the Senate to not bring Republic forces into Mandalore, but a message from an official from Mandalore denied their ability to protect their people. Satine had been attacked many times, accused of murder, and hunted down.

In the end, it turned out that the message from the Mandalore official was a falsified recording, and the real one stated that Mandalore had the situation with Death Watch under control. Thanks to Padmé and Obi-Wan, the true recording had been shown to the Senate.

Satine had returned to Mandalore to handle the Death Watch herself, using her actions of diplomacy instead of actions on the battlefield.

(Y/n)'s mind had been on the run ever since Mandalore. She actively tried avoiding Obi-Wan, except during the Jedi Council meetings, where she hid her emotions from the entire council. It was difficult, being in a room full of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. R3 was being particularly sassy, bad mouthing Obi-Wan whenever he got the chance. (Y/n) could talk no sense into her droid.

At the end of one of the meetings, (Y/n) was approached by Master Yoda. "Master Galad, something I must tell you, there it."

"Of course, Master Yoda. What is it?" (Y/n) asked, slightly nervous. Had he sensed her conflict?

"Come with me, you must." Yoda said, and began leading her away from the council room. However, her eyes caught those of Obi-Wan, who inhaled sharply. Meaning to speak with her, he started forward, but she turned away from him and followed the small green Jedi down the hallways.

"Master Yoda, is there a problem?" (Y/n) asked.

"Problem? No, problem there is not. A youngling here, meet, I feel you must." Yoda said. A youngling? What youngling could be so special?

"A youngling, Master?"

"Judge him by his size, do not. Great power, he holds, yes." Yoda finished, opening a hidden door. If you were looking for it, you wouldn't know it was there, but now that she could see it, (Y/n) saw through the façade.

A light little room was inside. Yoda entered, (Y/n) behind him, and she set her eyes on a small figure sitting on a meditation cushion in the center of the room. His big ears shadowed his tiny body.

"Master Galad, meet Grogu."

(Y/n) walked towards the center of the room, and kneeled in front of the little green creature. His big eyes looked at her, and she smiled.

"Hello, Grogu. My name is (Y/n) Galad." she said

"Hello" she heard in her mind. It was Grogu. He was speaking to her through their thoughts.

(Y/n) heard Yoda chuckle from behind. She turned to see him smiling. "Help him learn the ways of the Force, you must. Very powerful, he is."

"I can feel the Force radiating off of him. How old is he?"

"Twenty-two years, he is." Yoda answered. (A/n: rough guess of the numbers)

Twenty-two years?! Well, if Grogu was the same species as Master Yoda, then he would have an extended life. Grogu reached out his hand, his three tiny fingers extended, and closed his eyes. (Y/n) looked behind her to see a small ball on a pedestal. It shook slightly, inching closer, until it shot across the room and into Grogu's hand.

"Very impressive, Grogu." (Y/n) said, and Grogu dropped the ball into her hands. "I have a feeling we will get along very well."

~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next few weeks, (Y/n) had begun to work with Grogu, growing his power of the Force. She learned from him that he had many masters, and that she was the next to teach him what she had learned from her own master.