I.VIII

A/N: This is your reminder that this fic is VERY toxic

A/N: This is your reminder that this fic is VERY toxic. This is in no way meant to romanticize the relationship... it is wrong. Hotch should not treat Y/N this way. With that, turn on "W.D.Y.W.F.M?" by The Neighborhood and enjoy <3

After leaving Hotch's apartment this past weekend you thought it would be the last time you break your routine with him. The weekly meetings were working for the two of you. No more surprise late-night visits, no more off-schedule meetings in his office. You would see him every Wednesday like you two agreed and nothing more. It was growing to be too tiring, the constant back and forth with him. One minute he's displaying his jealousy, the next he's walking you home to your apartment, talking to you quietly and telling you his favorite color, and then the next he's kicking you out on your ass barely giving you a second look.

It doesn't even hit you how tiring the whole routine is until Wednesday rolls around. You had an exam in the morning, for which you felt entirely unprepared because all you did was spend the first two days of the weekend trying to keep your schedule revolving around Hotch's whims.

You feel a serious migraine coming on as you struggle to maintain your focus on Hotch, who paces back and forth at the front of the lecture hall. Your eyes drift closed, the bright fluorescent lighting managing to aggravate the growing head pain.

"Miss Y/L/N," His deep baritone seems to radiate off every surface in the classroom, intensifying the dull ache in your head. "If you require nap time, please remember this isn't a daycare or your bedroom. Wake up."

"Sorry, sir," You mutter under your breath, struggling to hold your head up and focus. The words on the whiteboard are blurred, fuzzy through your hazy migraine brain. His eyes linger on you, reading your body language. He knows that something is off. You don't get all flustered like he expects you to. You barely give him any reaction at all. You swear you see a flash of worry across his face, a small pause in the lecture but if he does it's barely noticeable and cannot be attributed to your lack of energy at the current moment.

The rest of the class is just as much of a blur as the first half and as you're packing up your belongings, the deep baritone voice calls out, "Miss Y/L/N, stay back for a second."

Katie shoots you a look, muttering, "Damn, does he ever let you catch a break?"

You shake your head, not having enough energy to muster up a substantial response. You ignore his calls and continue packing up before turning to follow Katie to the door.

"Y/N, he called you," She glances over her shoulder to see you close behind.

"So?" You bring your hand up to rub your temple roughly.

Katie sighs, "Look, I'll wait for you outside. Just don't anger him more than you already do. I would like for you to live until your 21st birthday." She teases, managing to put a smile on your face despite your sour attitude.