Chapter 29

(Unedited) Vote and Comment🙂

Lucious held Prince keeping the young ones attention as Cookie showered. Lounging in bed waiting for todays festivities. After 2 long weeks the girls were healthy and back to running a muck in the house. Which meant Cookie could finally have the Christmas she wanted. A strict dress code of pajamas for the family.

Christmas in January was something new but when was life normal with them. At least this go around he had convinced Cookie to make more homey and intimate. Which meant no Holloway's except herself. Strictly a Lyon family function. In response he was to be on his best behavior with Kai. Not that he was in the clear, but Jamal was heavy on this forgiveness train.

Lucky for Kai anonymously sending that dirt he dug up to the press had its benefits. They had the firm under FBI investigation for money laundering. He'd let him slide.....just this once. For Jamal's sake his second marriage shouldn't be ruined by Lucious again. Not being able to kill Kai in the midst of his power reign was a bummer but a little call from the buddies Adam fucked over fixed that.

Calling in a favor from Lucious to have Adam handled, due to him singing like a canary. A miraculous jail riot had Adam beat half to death. Later finished off by the nurse who was supposed to help him. No matter what anyone said, money could make the saints nothing but sinners. Lucious once asked who was more powerful himself or god.

"He still awake?" Cookie called out, from the bathroom.

"Yep." Lucious answered, holding Prince near his face.

The two having seemingly a glare battle. Lucious's attention stolen by his bedroom door opening. Rose padding in rubbing her eyes. He didn't pay her much mind this was becoming routine. Being sick had disrupted her constant sleeping with them. Now that she was used to her room, she just migrated into their room when she woke up.

"Good morning." He tossed, as she climbed up into the bed. Crawling up and plopping down beside him.

"Morn-ting." She echoed, he still had no clue where she heard a T in that word but she was talking again.

"Presents?"

"Yes, you get to open them today." He answered, feeling her lean against him a yawn tumbling from her mouth. Cookie entered the room in her festive pajamas just as the ring of the doorbell traveled through the house.

"Let's eat." Lucious announced, passing Prince to his wife.

Patting his back Rose giggled wrapping her arms around his neck. Her request for a piggyback ride, one he never declined. With all the Cubs here they had a big hearty breakfast. Surprisingly joyous for Lyons gathering around the iconic dining table. Soon wrapping paper was pilling up, you'd think these grown men were children the way the tore through gifts.

Lucious outstretched his hand to Cookie. She narrowed her eyes taken in that look in his eyes. The twinkle she didn't see too often unless he was feeling real loving.

"My love." Lucious sung, looking pointedly at his hand. She pursed her lips reaching out. He pulled her up lacing their fingers as he lead her to his office.

"You tryna get some head or something?" She questioned, he chuckled shaking his head opening the door. Cookie looked around pursing her lips. Why he was bringing her into his office which was more of a man cave she didn't know. Nothing looked out of place.

"What man." She huffed, half expecting to see some new coats. He was truly slacking on her gifts this year. Even when they weren't together he still showed out.

"Why are you grinning?" She spat, he shrugged leaning against the door. Huffing she looked around again feeling like she was missing something. Noticing the black sheet hanging behind his desk she frowned.