forty-two

Naomi Black

Naomi Black

"Look what the wet dog dragged out." Finn spoke as she shoved a spoon full of Italian Ice into her mouth. Nat let out a loud laugh, "Where are your clothes and—why is your hair wet?" She asks to reach to feel a piece of my damp hair.

"Tripped in a puddle." I started with a smile. Sloane looked at me and let out a loud laugh. "Look at that damn pepperoni on her neck! Wow that puddle you tripped in really left you wet and pleasured, huh?" She teased as I groaned—my face turning red.

Finn gasped, "What happened?" She exclaimed. We got looks from the families surrounding us—we were out in the football family area, awaiting Caden's arrival. And Griffins, Blake's, and Reese's.

The whole family I guess.

But Matti is probably six feet under after dealing with the coach. How awkward was that though? The evidence was there and it presented itself, clear as day. Nothing screams "I just had a partial defloration in your bathroom while your QB1 somewhat fucked me" like a wet head.

"Are we partying after?" Sloane asks as I shrug. "We could—I don't know. Up to you ladies." I spoke as they all started brainstorming ideas. I just didn't even care anymore—I just showed up when it was needed.

The game was going well. I was tipsy, I was having a blast at my last home football game, and at my last football game with Natalie. Not to menton my best friend was now engaged—that is fucking crazy to me.

Matti's throws were on point today and I hadn't seen one flag called for Penn State when it came to offsides. I watched out onto the field as the coach strutted up the sidelines like a little cheerleader. I can't believe he fucking apologized to me.

I couldn't tell if he was apologizing for Matti being Matti or for not telling me about the mess I was about to walk into. If it were the second one—he's off the hook. I mean, everyone knew at this point.

Third quarter and five minutes in when my phone started chiming with the video of Matti smashing my dad in the face, and that shit was brutal. I would hate to ever be on the other end of that helmet.