Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

"Get back here Aiden!" I screamed, running after him with a fully loaded water gun.

He chuckled as he bolted towards Rain, picked her up and threw her at me. She squealed in fright and Kyle growled at Aiden. Aiden glowered at his Beta for a moment, giving me the opportunity to squirt water on his sour face. 

Aiden glanced at me, faking an angry face. I smiled sweetly and popped a hip, crossing my arms. "I don't like you look mean." I gave him the same expression he directed towards Kyle, causing him to smile and step towards me. We all tensed and raised our water guns at him.

"Okay... this is unfair." Aiden said, putting his hands in the air. I arched my eyebrows and gave him a pout lip.

"Aww, the big bad Alpha is upset!" I said in a baby voice. Aiden growled, taking a lethal step towards me. That's when, out of nowher, Jamie pounced on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck. Aiden would have thrown her off and put her in her place if she wasn't his cousin. 

"Say 'Uncle'!" She said in a sing song voice. Aiden stared into my eyes and I shrugged, telling him there was no way out of this. All of our guns were on him and a relentless Jamie was on his back. If she wasn't one of my best friends and didn't have a mate, I'd be royally pissed and jealous as hell. 

Aiden sighed and murmured the word. Jamie was about to get off but I stopped her. "Say it so we can all hear you clearly. But say it like this. 'I, Alpha Aiden, submit to my mate, beta and packmates'." I say with a huge grin on my face. Aiden bared his teeth. I blocked my mind from Aiden as I told Rain to record this. She giggled as she pulled her phone out. 

"I, Alpha Aiden, submit to my mate, beta and packmate." He grumbled clearly. Everyone lowered their weapons and Jamie hopped off of him. I smiled as I pranced over and jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his narrow waist. He grinned at me. "That was so worth it." He said. I arched an eyebrows, leaning back.

"Why is that?" I expected him to somehow expertly pull out a gun and blast me with cold water. But that wasn't anywhere close.

"Because I got you as a prize." I cooed at him before placing a firm kiss on his lips. "I love you, angel." I dropped my smile instantly and I moved to get out of his arms. Aiden looked worried as he tried to keep me close. But I pushed him away and looked in the direction Samantha ran off to.

"This isn't right." I whispered. Aiden looked drawn back by that. "I need to find Samantha a mate." I tell him. Aiden sighs as he runs a hand through his hair and looks around, irritated.

"Of course." With that, he walks away. I feel my mouth fall open as I stare at him in utter shock. What just happened? Kyle walked to Aiden and grabbed his shoulder. I heard him mutter, 'come on, man'. Aiden shrugged his hand off before he shifted and bolted the opposite direction Samantha went. 

I glance at Rain and Jamie who are avoiding my gaze. "Okay, what did I do?" I ask, clearly they knew what wrong I did. They looked at each other, had a private conversation before Jamie sighed dramatically and turned her attention to me.

"You are pushing Aiden aside." She says. I feel my eyebrows raise, confused. "Look, ever since Samantha came back into your life, back at the Dells, you have been putting Aiden to the side. Every think you do, it has to regard Samantha. I know she is your friend, but Aiden his your mate and if he wasn't so loyal, you could have lost him long ago. And right now, you are refraining from even kissing him because Samantha doesn't have a mate. What next, you refuse to talk to him? And then being with him? Soon you can't even live here!" Jamie got worked up, her face getting red. I bite my bottom lip as I stare at her with shock and hurt. How could she say this? I love Aiden! "And you don't tell him you love him anymore. Aiden has told me you haven't said you love him in almost a week." Jamie sighs, shrugging her shoulders. I glance over at Rain to see she was still looking at the ground.