CHAPTER 29 - SORE MORNINGS

The sun streamed through the glass windows of Lucas Marshall's room, as a loud groan was heard. Groggy and muddled for a moment he woke, however, a smile painted his lips as noticed the beauty sleeping on his chest. She looked innocently tempting.

Admiring her, he noticed how peaceful she looked. With no worries or troubles.

Caressing her hair lightly with his index finger he let out a content smile, how he wished he could wake up to this face every morning.

Minutes went by as another soft groan was heard, this time a more feminine one. Blinking her long lashes, she opened her eyes, a look of confusion crossed her face before her cheeks burned red, as she was reminded of their late-night activities, the way he had pounded into her small frame.

Looking up, she met his hazel eyes, and a smile took its way to her lips, mirroring his own.

"Good morning, darling.", he said, his voice raspy from sleep.

A flutter of butterflies swarmed her belly as she heard his sexy morning voice. "Morning.", she mumbled onto his chest.

"How are you feeling? Does it hurt a lot?", he asked, his eyes worried with concern.

Letting out a whine, she spoke, "You didn't think of me when you were pounding into me.", she said, as he let out a hearty chuckle. "Don't laugh! You are seriously a beast. Waking me up in the middle of my sleep just to continue with round number I don't know.", she grumbled, a visible pout on her pink lips.

Looking at her with unconditional happiness, he teased. "It's not like you were complaining. Quite the contrary actually, you were screaming my na-"

Clasping her hand on his mouth she shushed him, embarrassed.

Getting up to go take a bath, she groaned in pain due to her sore muscles.

"Here, let me help you.", his concerned voice rang throughout the room as he led her to the washroom.

As he helped her, he filled the tub with warm water.

"Uh huh! Why are you getting in? I thought I was going alone.", she questioned, a soft look of familiarity in her eyes.

Looking at her with fake-serious eyes he spoke, "I'm trying to save water bills and will even help you scrub your back."

Letting out a laugh, the said male entered the tub with her.

And just like that, they spent the next forty minutes in the washroom, washing up and making love.

Seeing that she didn't have any clothes, he offered her his black shirt which fell till her mid-thigh, while saying how sexy she looked in his clothes.

Going down the stairs, the said male started with making pancakes, bacon, and eggs for breakfast with hot pipping coffee.

Setting the food on the table, they ate in silence.

"You don't have to think about anything anymore. I am here with you now, and I promise to never let go.", Azalea softly said. "You and I, we are fated to be."

To that he smiled softly, eyes sparkling with love.

As they continued eating and taking occasional glances, both lost in their own little bubble, as their hands remained intertwined underneath the counter.

Amidst eating, Azalea had gotten some chocolate syrup smudged on her lips, to which Lucas immediately bent his tall frame and kissed her. Taking her by surprise. 'We are eating for God's sake, and all this man can think about is kissing!', she thought but didn't make the move to separate their locked lips. Being engrossed in their little make out session, they didn't hear the faint sound of keys rattling against the door, as a very oblivious Aster Marshall entered.

"Ooo! What's happening here?", the shocked Aster voiced out. She never thought of being welcomed by the sight of her son kissing his girlfriend.

The disoriented couple broke apart at the sudden voice. Running his fingers through his hair Lucas spoke, "Ahh mom you're here? I thought you would be coming by noon."

With a teasing smile the older woman spoke, "Should I not be here?"

"No! no! Nothing like that Mrs. Marshall.", Azalea quickly interfered. She never thought that his mom would be coming that early.

"Oh, dear first call me Aster. No need of formalities.", she told Azalea.

"Sure Mrs. Mar- I mean Aster. Did you have breakfast yet? Come join us please.", Azalea asked with a smile.

"Of course!", saying that she walked towards them. Sitting down on the chair she noticed what Azalea was wearing and let out a chuckle, "Is that Lucas' shirt?", she said while pointing a finger.

Looking at their shocked faces she spoke with a knowing look, wiggling her eyebrows, "You both did the deed. So, how was it?" Aster Marshall didn't want to make the children uncomfortable but the look on their faces was priceless. The heavy blushes, avoiding eyes; spluttering mess in short.

"Mom! You can't just say that so freely!", the very embarrassed Lucas said, his eyes shy as he looked over to his mother.

"C'mon! You are saying like I haven't been through these kinds of situations before.", the still teasing mother spoke. Turning towards Azalea who had just let out a giggle at her words, she took notice of all the love bites on her neck, which the shirt did very little to conceal. "Tell me, did he take proper care of you?"

Surprised at the sudden question, Azalea said, albeit ignoring the whining Lucas in the background, "Y-yea. He was good with me.", as much as this was an awkward question, she knew Aster only asked this because she truly cared for her.

"That's good. I would have beaten this boy if he hadn't.", the older woman said, throwing a wink towards the younger girl's direction.

Both women ignored the whining and grumbling Lucas as they began attacking his plate of food. 

About two weeks passed and the couple only grew stronger and better

About two weeks passed and the couple only grew stronger and better. However, as their bond grew, so did the rumors and gossips. People not only from the company, but from outside too were beginning to talk about how close the couple got.

Rivaling companies, tried taking advantage of this, but were stopped due to David Valentine's power. Yet, that didn't stop the talks.

The gossips spread like wildfire, like a dandelion caught up in a spring breeze.

Due to these gossips, people began to negatively view the heiress and were constantly tarnishing her image, however, this wasn't something that they thought as a big deal. Mere talks, how bad could it be, right?

Or so they thought.