Chapter 26

Clay opened his eyes slowly and pulled the cover over his head because of the change in brightness. He quickly pulled the covers down as he realised the brunette missing from beside him. He sat up on the bed and kicked his feet over the edge of the mattress, lying the bottom of his feet on the cold floor boards.

He walked towards the door, only now noticing that it was open, and left the room. Why am I so worried? He's probably just downstairs, Clay thought to himself and shook his head as he walked down the staircase.

"SHIT!" Clay heard from the kitchen and a loud thud, followed by the loud sound of a pan falling onto the floor. Clay sped into the kitchen and stopped in the doorway, confused at the sight of George laying on the floor bundled up in a bunch of blankets with a pan laying beside him.

"What happened?" Clay asked. George shot his head up and looked directly at Clay, then lay his head back onto the ground. "Nothing," George mumbled. "Are you okay?" Clay asked, trying not to burst into laughter at the sight in front of him. George sighed and hummed, not bothering to get up from the floor.

Clay got his phone from his pocket and took a picture, but he forgot that his phone wasn't on silent so George could hear the click once he took the picture. "Did you just take a picture of me?" George asked but not a bother could be heard in his voice.

Clay chuckled lightly. "Yes, I did. Now let's get you off the floor, shall we?" Clay Sid and sat down beside the brunette on the floor. George hummed again, not budging an inch. "Use your words chil," Clay mocked him and stood up, grabbing George's shoulders and pulling him up with him.

"Stand up, George," Clay said as the brunette leaned against him, causing Clay to remove his hands from his shoulders to his armpits, holding him up like that. "What were you trying to do, anyways?" Clay asked and pulled George up to sit on the counter. "

I was going to scramble eggs but I fell trying to get the pan from the cabinet." George explained and lay down on the counter, "Why are they so high up, anyway? Not like anyone other than my dad can reach them there."

Clay chuckled and opened the fridge, took out two eggs and put them on the counter. "Do you have, like, an alexa or something?" Clay asked and looked around the kitchen. "Why?" George asked and sat back up.

"I can get a speaker, if you want." George said and hopped off the counter. "That'd be lovely, dear," Clay said and smiled softly at George. George rolled his eyes and ran up the stairs to get his speaker.

"So, what do you want to listen to?" George asked as he put his speaker down and sat back onto the counter. "505," Clay said and cracked open an egg and put it on the pan. George nodded and searched up the song, the music immediately blasting through the almost empty kitchen.

Clay hummed and danced along as he strolled through the kitchen, making their breakfast, grabbing plates and cups and such and in the meantime. George watched and giggled as he watched the blonde entertain him.

Once the chorus rolled around, Clay stopped paying attention to the food and put the spatula up to his mouth like a microphone. George chuckled and decided to pause the music in the middle of a high note. Clay looked around confused as he noticed that the music had stopped, then saw George laughing on the counter and gave him a death stare.

George unpaused the song and Clay finished cooking their food and passed George a plate where he sat on the counter and sat down on the counter opposite him. The music kept playing but the duo pays no mind to it and finished their food quickly.

"What should we do today?" Clay asked and put his plate down beside him. George looked out the window, then back to Clay. "It's raining so should we just stay inside and play Minecraft, maybe?" George asked and hopped off the counter and put their plates in the sink. "Sure!" Clay said, hopped off the counter and picked George up and carried him to the living room.

"What the fuck, Clay!" George protested and kicked the air, "I'm fully capable of walking myself!" George hit Clay playfully in the forearm. "Ow! Stop!" Clay said and threw George onto the couch, then jumped on top of him. "Clayyy," George whined, "Get off me! You're crushing me!" George slapped Clay in the back of the head and tried shoving him off him.

"George, stop hurting me! What's wrong with you?" Clay said and burst out laughing and removed himself to sit beside George. He pulled out his phone and showed George the picture he took of him earlier. "I'm going to use this as my wallpaper," Clay said and chuckled. George looked at him sassily, rolled his eyes and let out a sigh.

"Catch, bitch!" George said and threw a playstation controller at Clay. Clay threw his phone to the side and catches the controller as George jumped onto the couch beside him.

_______________________________
Word count: 895

Ey, guys. Time for a rant, I guess! I'm too tall for my bed basically, that sucks. And apparently there's nothing in my books that is called 'sleeping in', like, wtf is that? I wake up early everyday. Maybe because the latest I go to sleep is around 1 am on weekends rip. I also spedran this chapter, I didn't have a clue what it was supposed to be about. I went downtown with two of my friends yesterday and apparently there was a big earthquake while we were taking the bus there, it was measured 5.3 or something.

Also thank you for 12k reads and 400 votes! Means a lot!!