▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

⌜                          ⌝

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

⌞                          ⌟

⌞                                                     ⌟

          "MOFF Gideon isn't dead."

Luke, Leia, Artemis, Din, Cody and eventually Han and Chewie were all sitting in Artemis' apartment. Grogu and Ben were currently playing together in the former's bedroom.

"What?" Leia said. "But he was executed for war crimes!"

"Well, he isn't dead, that's for sure," Cody said grimly.

"He has the dark saber," Artemis sighed, sinking down on the couch next to Din. "And he's been trained by Vader."

Luke frowned. "What's a dark saber?"

"It's a black-bladed lightsaber made by Tarre Vizla, the first Mandalorian ever inducted to the Jedi Order," Artemis told him. "Whoever wields the dark saber is the rightful ruler of Mandalore."

A silence fell upon the group.

"So we steal it," Han said, shrugging. "There's alway a way to steal it."

Artemis sighed. "You cannot simply steal it, Han. You have to win it in combat, if not, you're an illegal ruler."

"You can beat him," Cody said. "I've seen you fight him. He almost lost it."

"We are no soldiers," Luke pointed out. "We are keepers of the peace. Artie cannot simply go and kill him."

"He's already dead," Din spoke up. "I watched his ship crash."

"And you are sure he's dead?" Leia questioned him.

"Positive."

She rubbed her eyes. "It's getting late and Ben still needs a bath. Can we talk about this in the morning?"

"Sure," Artemis said. "Tell him I'll play with him tomorrow since today didn't really go as planned."

"I will," Leia said, smiling, and she went to get Ben before she, Han, Ben and Chewie left the apartment. Artemis' eyes stayed on Ben for a little longer and she frowned, a familiar feeling hitting her. She then turned to Luke.

"I need a word with you."

Luke nodded and Artemis went to get Grogu.

"This is Grogu," she told the other Jedi Master, placing him down next to him on the couch. "Does he remember you of someone?" she added, amused.

Luke's eyes softened. "He's of the same species as Master Yoda and he's very strong with the Force."

"That's probably why Moff Gideon wanted him," Artemis said, watching Grogu walk towards Din.