Chapter 17

Victorias Pov:

I quickly sit up. "Did you just.." I stopped talking when Avery walks over to me while taking off her jacket and throwing it on the floor.

"Oh.." I mumble and she chuckles before sitting down on my lap with her arms over my shoulders.

I put my hands on her lower back and she wraps her legs around my waist. She then leans in and places her lips on mine, making me smile as soon as her lips touch my own.

Everytime I kiss Avery I feel more and more. It's definitely like everyone always says. Butterflies..
And I think..I'm in love with her..

I've been thinking about that for the past week and now I'm sure I'm in love with her. I mean..we've been together for like one and a half months, I'm allowed to feel this way, right? Like I'm not moving to fast, or am I?

Avery then pulls away and smile at me while cupping my cheeks. "I don't wanna go down there again. I just wanna stay here with you." She mumbles and I chuckle softly.

"I'd rather do that too but my parents are not going to like that.." I tell her and she sighs before wrapping her arms around my back and cuddling me tightly.

Someone then suddenly knocks on the door and Avery pulls back while looking at me with wide eyes.

"Honey, why's the door locked?" I hear mom ask and my eyes widen too.

Avery quickly gets off me and I walk towards the door and unlock it before opening the door for her.

"Oh hey, mom. I um..I'm just used to it because in college sometimes random people go into our dorm so I'm usually locking the door." I lie and she seems to..buy it?

"Oh okay, well good to see you again!" She exclaims happily before pulling me into a hug.

"You too, mom." I laugh and she pulls away after a few moments.

"It's great to see you too, Avery!" Mom says and hugs her quickly too.

"Great to see you too, Miss Diaz." Avery replies shyly and mom smiles.

"Oh please call me, Cara, dear." She says and Avery smiles nervously.

"So..I still have to do a little for Thanksgiving, you can just stay up here and relax until the rest of the family is coming." Mom says and we nod.

"Heyy were you forgetting about me?" Connor asks with a pout as he walks into my room.

"Nooo, of course not, idiot." I tell him and then patt his cheeks, making him smile a little.

"Okay I'll leave you guys alone. I will get you when they're coming." Mom says before walking out.

As soon as the door closes again I turn to Avery, pick her up and throw her on the bed before getting on top off her.

"Still here guys." I hear Connor mumble and I groan.

I was about to get off her but she wraps her arms around my back and pulls me down onto her. She presses her lips against mine and I immediately close my eyes and kiss her back. But then someone knocks on the door again so I quickly get off Avery and we both sit up on my bed.

"Yeah?" The door opens and Jada walks in.

"Sup, losers!" She says while walking towards us and we laugh.

"What do you want?" I ask and she sits down next to me before wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"Can't I just hang out with my sister and her friends?" Jada asks and I snort.

"When are Josh and Benji coming?" I ask after a few seconds of silence.

Josh is Jadas husband and Benji is their seven year old son.

"They should be here soon. We thought that it would be better to bring Benji here before everyone else is here so it won't be so loud immediately." She answers, making me smile.

"You're excited to see Benji again?" She asks and I nod happily.

"Yeah, I haven't seen him in months! I miss this little boy." I whine while flopping down on my back.

"You'll see him soon." Jada says while patting my head.

The door bell then suddenly rings, making me sit up abruptly. I look at the others excitedly but they just laugh at me. So I quickly get up and run downstairs, towards the front door.