Chapter 34

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

Saturday

I had grabbed the cats and locked myself in my room the whole morning. Momo and Pierre seemed fine with that, but Dorrian was giving me the side-eye.

"I can't leave the room Dorian." I told him. "I can't see anyone or they will know. I swear they will know something is off when they look at me."

Meooooow.

Dorian was just impossible.

"Stop it !"

Meeeeeeeoooooow

It was a long annoying meow and I knew he was protesting.

"Fine. But if you want back in here, you will have to deal with it because I am not risking someone seeing me. I still need to figure out how to survive tonight or get out of it."

I trudged towards the door and Dorian instantly ran over. I quickly opened the door letting him out and just in that moment Mom passed by with the laundry basket.

"Oh Francy hon, I haven't seen you all day. Is everything alright?" She put the basket down.

I glanced at Dorian. You will pay for this later.

Like he understood, he ran away towards the living room.

Unlike my brothers, my room was on the same floor as the living room and the kitchen and god knows why I had chosen this room, but I had the most contact with people and this was not one of those times when I needed to be running into people.

"I'm great, mom." I tried closing the door, but she spoke again.

"You're going to be here tonight right? We need to support Ace in this. This is the first time he is bringing home a friend."

I nodded. Oh I was very well aware of that. In fact out of love for my brother I ruined the only relationship I ever had and possibly lost the most handsome guy I will ever date that also appreciated my love for aesthetics. You only get a miracle once and we blow it for Ace. So yes mom. I know!

"Best behaviour." She smiled and took the basket. "Be ready at 8."

I closed the door behind her. Did I have any other choice?

Lucy's p.o.v

I had gone over this million times in my head.

You have never been in this house

You don't know they have cats

You get dinner, work out some details with Ace about our business and get out.