12. Golden

It has been over two hours since Aron left. It's already dark out. He said he would be back soon. What's his definition of soon? I ate his pasta. It was delicious. Still, it wasn't half as good without him there.

I lie on the couch listlessly. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

I looked around the apartment. It's huge. The ceiling's really high and there's a big black lamp hanging from the top of it. There's a brick wall which looks kind of rustic and the rest of the walls are all white. The window is huge and the dark pane that frames it against the white wall makes the place look kind of fresh and modern. The floor's a warm wooden color. The interior is a mix of industrial and warm. It's a big open space that doesn't say much at first. There's only a few pictures on the walls. None of Aron. Just of some woman who I assume is his mom. I wonder where she is. 

On the same wall hangs a big cross with a bloody Jesus on it. I don't understand why anyone would want something so gory just hanging on the wall. It kind of creeps me out, staring into his big, lifeless eyes. I shiver. So they must be Christians, then. Loren's a Christian too, though you wouldn't be able to tell from her actions.

The front door suddenly opens and I almost jump up from the couch.

Aron walks in looking relatively calm, despite the bloody scar on his jaw.

I get up.

"Aron! What the hell!" I scream.

"Shh! My dad can't know." He whispers.

I walk over to him.

"What the hell happened?!"

"I got into a minor fight."

"A minor fight? You're bleeding!"

"I'm fine." He tries to reassure me.

The wound on his jaw is short and clean. The only thing I can think of to make such a clean cut is a knife.

"What kind of fight?" I ask, worried out of my mind.

"It was nothing, I swear." Aron wipes some of the blood away with his hand.

Does he really think I'll let it go that easily?

"You have to tell me, Aron. This isn't fair. I tell you all kinds of things about myself and you don't tell me a thing about you."

Aron sighs and looks at the ground in thought.

"I'll tell you. Just.. let me freshen up for a second." Aron walks into his bedroom.

Yeah, right.

I grab my bag.

"You know what? It's late. I should go home."

Aron grabs my arm.

"Please," He pleads. "Stay. I'll tell you tomorrow. You can crash here."

I'd much rather be here than go home. And tomorrow's the weekend so I won't see him otherwise.

"Fine." I drop my bag.

***

Aron's taking a shower right behind me while I brush my teeth in his dark wood-themed bathroom. The steamed up shower cabin hides his body but I can still see an outline in the mirror. It's really hard not to look. He's the most attractive guy I've ever seen. Even that little scar on his jaw adds to his beauty. It's so unfair.

I walk back into the living room to sleep on the sofa.

"Where are you going?" Aron asks.

I turn around and leaning against the door post is a semi naked Aron. The scar on his stomach has healed a lot since last time I saw it. He's only wearing black boxers. I gulp.