Chapter 74

"How could he lie in court under oath? I really don't understand. I need to ask him. Why did he lie?", screams Rohan outside the courtroom.
"Isn't it obvious? Either he was threatened or given money to keep his mouth shut. Ahujas won't let their son go to jail.", Jaanvi replies, holding his arm.
Rajat gives out a deep breath,"The Manager was the only witness who had actually seen Rocky stabbing Sid bhaiya. Now we don't have anything else. No other witnesses were able to confirm, Rocky had attacked you. There were no cctv cameras covering that area."

Sidharth runs his fingers through his hair,"Rocky will walk free that's completely evident now. In the next hearing Manohar Awasthi will put some people in stand and prove Rocky can't even lift his finger against anybody, forget stabbing. This case has simply become a joke now. "
Rohan slams his hand on the pillar in front of him,"I feel so helpless right now. Everything was my fault. And I couldn't even get justice for you. "
Sidharth puts his hand on his shoulder,"I had told you earlier, it's not your fault. Stop blaming yourself. There is one law above all. I believe justice will be served there."

As they were getting out of the court, Sidharth dashes with someone.
"Sidharth? You here?", the man says.
"Oh Mr.Sharad! How are you?", replies Sidharth.
"Please Only Sharad. I am good. But you seem tense. Is everything alright?"
Sidharth does not reply but looks at Rocky Ahuja leaving with his family.

"Yes. I had read about this case. These Ahujas are really shrewd people. I know them quite well. I was doing business with them earlier.", Sharad says as he sits in a cafe with Rajat, Jaanvi and Sidharth.
"We already know how shrewd these people are. The way they twisted the case using money and power is just disgusting.", Rajat says.
"Yes. They don't have any morals. I had faced a lot of losses thanks to them. Sidharth I am sorry to say this but the case looks difficult to win now. I will however talk to my lawyer. He might help.", Sharad says.

Sidharth looks at him and says,"You don't have to worry. The Public Prosecutor has to fight the case."
Sharad says,"Sidharth I can never forget what you have done for me and my family. I am alive today, my wife and child are safe today, only because of you. I will do whatever I can do to help you. So please let me talk and see."

Sidharth returns home at night. After unlocking the door, he peeps inside the bedrooms to find his mother and Shini sleeping. He goes to his room and cracks open the door and a soft humming sound falls in his ears. Sana is singing a lullaby. He always had loved her voice and always encouraged her to take up singing more seriously. But Sana had ignored him, giving him the excuse that she is an actor and not a singer.

Surmai ankhiyon mein
Naha muna ek sapna de ja re.
Neendiya ke udte pakhi re
Ankhiyon mein aaja saath re.
Ra ri ra rum..
Oh ra ri rum..

Sana sits on the bed and runs her palm over the little bulge on her abdomen, as she sings closing her eyes. She stops singing and still stroking her belly, "Puchku, so jaa bache..kyun pareshan kar raha hai.. I know you are awake for your dad. You want to talk to your dad na. But he will be late today. "

"You know your dad is working so hard to give you a good life. You are lucky to have him. Cutest, handsomest, honest, hardworkest, lovingest..hmm.. handsomest, hmm.. bestest, caringest.. bas..aur nahi yaad araha. But you get it right. He is the best husband, best son, best brother and he will be the best father. Lekhin Puchku, dad ko mat batana maine yeh sab kaha hai. Bhav khayega.. This is a secret between you and me."
She starts to laugh looking at her belly.

Again closing her eyes,"I know Puchku loves his momma more. Hain na? Afterall momma keeps you safe inside her, feeds you, sings to you. If your dad starts to sing, you will start crying. But his shayari, just wow.. "
A smile appears on his face and he comes and sits beside her, watching her.