TWENTY EIGHT

Progressive

Progressive.

With each break of dawn, my life enchanted me with a series of trailers that promised me that my destiny was in safe hands. But it was the nature of truth that I was afraid would shatter them, it took me multiple sleepless nights that chimed like a dreamcatcher. But they seem to only project nightmares instead of what I wished it will.

When it got too much into my mind I tried to find an escape. I found a way to meet my friend.

"Oh my god. She is so sporty" I exclaimed with my cheeks pressed against the heavily pregnant belly of Laxsha.

"Seems elated to me since her aunt decided to swing by and say hello" she rolls her eyes with the remark "where have you been all this days, i heard you got fired and also you have an office romance in your baggage. When I asked ben, he would laugh it out and suggested that it's better to hear the story from the character herself"

Smiling against her belly I tucked the strands of my hair behind my ears. Then a knuckle knocked the middle of my head.

"OW" I sat up rubbing the spot "what was that for?"

"That was an Asian remedy to treat a naughty kid"

"Naughty?"

"Yes. Now tell me who's the lucky guy" she inspected her nails as if she was a lawyer investigating a case.

"He is an Asian"

Within a bat of an eye she was looking at me with a quirky gaze.

"Is he Indian?" she blurts "I mean there are so many of them here in Canada"

"He is British- Korean"

In a snap a frown etched her face, her body went lax with a pretended disappointment. Then in a few she was on her tip once more. This wise her eyes wide and jaw hanging.

"Why does this person sound familiar "

Scooting to her, with our knees touching i breath. Then she shouts-

"NO WAY" She stood up, rocking the coffee table as I squirmed at the woman who was so extra "That cold ass man we call our boss? That straight nosed jerk? Why? Because he is hot? No Thea, that's not a reason to date someone" she flailed her arms in agony, her mood swings so naked on display as I sat there mum.

"Answer me girl" she ordered "how long have you known him for? Two months?"

Two years apparently.

"Actually laxsha- he is not that bad when you get to like really know him" I approached her with a medium of negotiation. To which she had her own personal response.

"I did the same mistake of marrying someone who was there to play. Who won't commit. Who had issues with controlling himself. Look now where I am" she threw her hands in the air, tongue tied I refused to budge or let any kind of output have its way. Laxsha had it rough- it was her day to burst "if it wasn't for Ben and you guys, I would've given up on my baby Thea, it scares me how much I dissolved after he left me"