Chapter 15 - Nicolas

Adelina's pov:

We started our night out with a very classy restaurant in the center of the town. It was decorated very elegantly and looked very expensive. White and wood dominated all over the place. It had beautiful gold chandeliers, white wooden tables and chairs with metallic gold finishes. It was obvious that all the high society of our city ate here. We met a lot high ranked members of our pack but also very foreigners. There were also some humans.

We sat at a table by the window. Alex was used to being here and had a great service from the staff, especially from the waitresses who did everything to please him. I ordered pasta with pesto sauce for appetizers and seafood such as shrimp, mussels and lobster for main course while Marissa and Alex preferred beef. For dessert we had small cheese pies with various jams on top. It was all delicious! I ate too much of what I'm probably used to. During our lunch we talked about several things.We told various jokes and gossiped about almost everyone at the pack. Alex and Marissa are so nosy! The evening seemed very promising and we were only at the beginning.

After we finished our dinner, we headed to the most popular club of the town. Today they were throwing a house party and there was a big line outside the door with people that wanted to get in. House is my favorite kind of music! Thanks to Alex's acquaintances, we didn't find any difficulty in getting in. He was well known to the owners and we didn't even wait at the row. When we got in we were overwhelmed of how crowded the club was. Various lights were all over and music was very loud for our wolfy ears. We sat at the bar and a beautiful bar woman took us our order. Her attention fell on Alex and she didn't stop flirting with him. This guy is unbelievable! I ordered a martini, Alex had scotch on the rocks and Marisa took an orange vodka. We took our drinks  and made a propose. Then Alex left us alone to greet an old friend he deteced in the opposite corner of the club.

Two very handsome guys approached us. They were checking us out since we arrived but didn't make a move as long as Alex was around. Both of them were well built with dark hair and green eyes. They were definitely werewolves and probably relatives as they looked alike. They weren't from our pack and it was obvious that they were high ranked due to their dominating aura. They suggested dancing with them and we accepted. The music was uplifting and many people were already on the dance floor. Marisa and I began swinging in the rhythm of the music. The two guys followed us behind and quickly started dancing with us. The atmosphere got hot quickly and the dancing became very sensual.

We made the acquaintances with great difficulty due to the loud music. The guy I was dancing with was the Alpha of the Winter Woods Pack and his name was Nicolas as he told me. I know for a fact that his pack is very powerful in Canada with many members, assets and corporations. I knew well the previous Alpha, his father, but I have never seen Nicolas before. He told me that he was studying abroad, specifically in North Europe. Unfortunately the loud music made our communication impossible. So Nicolas suggested going outside, just the two of us. Marisa and the other stayed on the track and kept dancing.

After a few minutes of trying to pass through the crowd we managed to get out. It was a beautiful night. Α light breeze was blowing from the west. The sky was full of stars shining brightly. I love looking at the sky especially in the night, finding the constellations and watching the satellites that are always on time. Me and my father used to do that when I was a little girl. He told me about everything and he inspired my love for the sky and its contents. It is strange how many things one can remember when he is away from home for a long time. I think it's called nostalgia, coming from the Greek word nostos which means the return to your home.

Nicholas took a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it. This energy made my memories disappear and brought me mentally back to reality. He offered me one but I politely declined.

- "So you are Jake's sister. Who would have thought that? I am really glad to meet you, Adelina. Your brother and I recently made a very promising financial deal. He has many good ideas for the financial recovery of his pack".

- "I am very glad to hear it" I said proudly. I knew that Jake has already begun to implement my financial plans.

-"And what exactly are you doing here?"

-"I live here!" I replied.

-"Oh I see..... Did you find your mate?" Nicolas asked me.

- "Hmmm....ee... no unfortunately I haven't. I am here as a financial advisor to the new Hospital's Manager. It was an offer I couldn't deny although at the moment I have seconds thoughts" I responded as sincerely as I could.

-"Do you have problems with the New Manager?" he questioned.

-"Not exactly with the Manager, I would say more with the pack's Alpha".

- "Oh I see. Maximus is very notorious about his bad temper and his mistreatment" he said and started searching his jacket pockets while I was looking at him in wonder. I was curious to see what he was looking for....

- "Here, take my business card. If you ever need any help don't hesitate to contact me" he said handing me his card.

- "I guess I will....Thank you" I responded, took the card and put it in my purse.

- "That's very highly of you" he commented.

- "Sorry?" I wondered.

- "You took the card and put it in your purse. This shows professionalism and reliability" he commented sincerely.

- "Oh that's interesting!How do you know?"

-"I like studying people's behaviors" he replied cooly.

-"You know I never notice such small things" I responded.

-"You should. It shows a lot for a person. I always rely on such things in order to build a relationship with someone. I suggest you start doing it, it can save you from a lot of trouble," he told me in a playful way winking at me.

- "I guess I will" I responded sheepishly.

- "You know, I'll be here for at least a week. I have several issues to solve with your new Alpha. I would like to see you again if it is possible".

It was then that I heard Marissa's voice from afar. She was calling me to come back inside. Alex wanted me to meet some of his friends as she said.

- "It's time for me to return. It was nice meeting you" I told him and offered my hand for a handshake. Nicholas  reciprocated the gesture happily. His handshake was warm and steady. I broke the handshake and headed to the club's entrance.

- "Hey.....wait. You owe me something" he said. His posture was serious.

- "Oh.. I am sorry...did I accidentally take something yours?" I wondered searching myself.

- "You owe me an answer to my request" he said to me smiling. I stood silent for some moments. I was thinking about what my response would be....Nicolas was a nice guy. He was pleasant, kind, handsome and with a great sense of humor but I didn't know him so well. What was more I already had a mate.

-"A mate that ignores you all the time" my wolf commented in my head and continued "Don't think about it any more....just say yes!" My wolf was right. I can't drive away every male that approaches me! I have to realize that life goes on and I can't wait until eternity for Maximus to change his mind.

- "I'd love to" I finally answered.

- "You would love to answer to me or you would love to meet me again?" he asked playfully.

- "Both" I told him with a toothy smile which he gladly reciprocated. He was really very handsome and seemed a really nice guy. He behaved like a true gentleman and managed in those few minutes to make a good impression to me.

As i got inside the club, I was taken aback by the loudness of the music. Many danced on the track floor while others enjoyed their drinks and talked to each other. I scanned the area searching for Alex or Marisa. As me and Marisa entered the club  I suddenly lost her. In a blink of an eye! I spent a few minutes searching for her when I managed to see Alex out of the corner of my eye. Him and Marissa were standing at the bar among other men and women I did not know . Men were very handsome and well-built and the girls were completely beautiful. They were definitely werewolves. I approached them. I was about to greet them and present myself to the new people when a hand grabbed my arm from behind and a loud growl accompanied it.