Chapter Sixteen- The babies come home.

~Echo's point of view~

~Three months later~

It's been three months since the babies were born. They have been in the hospital ever since. They get to come home today, and I am so excited. I haven't left the hospital since they have been born. I couldn't leave them. Blaze Kane and Chad have had no choice. They had to work. I flat out told Rick I would come back when they got out of the hospital.

Rick has spent a ton of time here. He brings his laptop and works from here. He leaves before either of the guys gets here. He filed for divorce from Jade. He bought the house across the street from us. It went up for sale two months ago, and he jumped on it. He gave Jade his beach house and a decent amount of money. He didn't want to fight it in court, and he could prove she married him with the belief the baby was his. They didn't have to wait two years.

Today it is Blaze Kane, Chad, and me. We are waiting for them to say we can take them home. Chad has been absolutely amazing in all of this. He comes every day and has worked on sign language with me. He has taught me a lot. After all of the testing Jocelyn was put through, she is going to be like Charlie. Chad was on it. He started teaching me the moment they told us.

He hasn't been overbearing. He has been extremely sweet and gentle. I wish that the man I have gotten the last three months would have been who I got from the beginning. Things could have been so different. There is no hope for that. There is hope that we can be friends and co-parent well together. Blaze Kane and he get along a lot better now too.

A knock comes on the door, and Rick walks in.

Echo: "Hey."

Rick: "I went home first, and you guys weren't there, so I came here."

Echo: "What's up?"

Rick: "I needed all three of you together when I talked to you about it."

Blaze Kane: "Ok?"

Rick: "With the babies coming home today, I don't want Echo coming back to work. She needs to be at home with them. Nothing will change for her. She is technically doing what I am telling her to do, so she will keep her paycheck and insurance. She has better than Blaze Kane."

Blaze Kane: "She does me but not Chad. They both have the same."

Rick: "True. Echo's is a little different. It's best that I keep her on the payroll and her carry insurance on the babies."

He pays for my health insurance. That is why he wants me to stay on his payroll. I have known since I started. He doesn't want them to know it. He thinks they don't know about his feelings for me, but they do. Blaze Kane asked me about it, and so did Chad. Both at separate times, and I was honest with them. I did not tell either of them we were together once or everything he does for me.

Blaze Kane: "I don't have a problem with that. I was going to talk to her about staying home."

Chad: "I like that idea too. They need someone full-time."

Rick: "I had another idea that would help Echo and Chad out."

Echo: "What's that?"

Rick: "I was thinking that you could keep Charlie for Chad. I know he is starting to get restless at the office."

Chad: "He is, but we're making it work."