Chapter 22

Lisa's POV:

I tried calling Jennie over like a hundred times yesterday. When I woke up, I tried calling her again. Still no answer.

Yesterday was like our first fight... I just hope she's okay. I know she's going through a lot, and getting kicked off the swim team and fighting with me was the last thing she needed.

After a shower, and after I'm done getting ready, I walk to school. I meet Chaeyoung and Jisoo, but Jennie isn't there. She's probably not even going to come today...

"Have you guys seen Jennie?" I ask them.

They both shake their heads, and I frown.

I need to see her, I need to make sure she's alright. I want to make up for this stupid fight.

"Can I borrow your car? I just really need to see her..." I ask Jisoo, and she nods.

She hands me the keys, and before she can even say anything I'm off.

I go out to the parking lot and find her car. I get in and start driving to Jennie's house.

When I get there, I get out and ring on the doorbell. No answer. I try knocking a few times, but still no answer.

"Jennie! It's me... Please open up!" I ring the doorbell again.

Still no answer...

I reach under the mat and grab the spare key. I unlock the door and go inside.

"Jennie... I know you don't want to talk to me but I want to fix this..."

I look in the kitchen, she's not in there. I look in her room, she's not in there. I make my way to the bathroom and open the door.

That's when I see her body lying there... There's blood everywhere.

"Jennie..." I feel like I'm going to be sick.

"JENNIE!" I find myself screaming.

The tears start to roll down my face. I bend down and put my fingers to her neck. She's still alive, but I don't know for how much longer. I grab a towel and wrap it around her wrist. I hold it there, while I take out my phone and call 911. I tell them what happened, and that I need an ambulance.

I still hold the towel around her wrist, and hold her in my arms. "Jennie..." I sob. I can barely even talk I'm crying so hard. "Please... Please don't die... Just hang in there." I kiss her head.

If she dies... I'm going to die... She's my everything. She's my world. She's the reason I want to be alive and without her, I'd be nothing.

"Jennie, please... Just you can't die... We still have so much to live for. What about our future together? We're going to get married and have our honeymoon in Paris and we're going to be really happy. So you can't die, Jennie..." I hold her closer to me.

The fucking stupid ambulance is taking forever to fucking get here! She's dying and there's nothing that I can do! Why would she attempt suicide... Doesn't she love me? Doesn't she see how much I love her?!

"Jennie..." I sob.

She's my baby... I just feel so helpless right now.

The ambulance finally arrives, and they attempt to stop the bleeding. Afterward, they pull her onto a stretcher and load her into the ambulance. I get in the back, and I'm just crying uncontrollably.

"Is she going to be okay?" I ask the paramedic in the back with me.

"We... Don't know yet."

We arrive at the hospital, and they rush her in.

I just fall to the floor and bury my head in my arms.

I take out my phone and call my mom. I manage to get out what happened and she tells me she's on her way.

I bury my face back in my arms. I'm just bawling.

I feel someone touch my back and I look up and see my mom. She sits down next to me and wraps her arms around me.

"I can't imagine how hard this is... I know she's one of your best friends."

"Mom! She's more than that to me!"

"Well then like a sister to you."

"She's my girlfriend!"

"I know she is honey."

"No I mean like I'm dating her! I love her mom! I'm so in love with her I think about nothing besides her! She's my everything mom! And now I don't even know... I don't even know if she's still alive!"

I know that must have been a shock, but I don't care. I really don't. All I care about is Jennie.

"Your girlfriend will be okay Lisa." She kisses my head.

"DO YOU NOT SEE HER BLOOD ALL OVER ME?!" I yell.

I'm literally covered in it.

"They're doing everything they can."

"AND WHAT IF IT'S NOT ENOUGH? I WILL DIE!"

I mean that. I will die. No world is worth living in without her...

My mom is trying to console me but it isn't working. The only thing that will make me feel better is knowing that Jennie is okay.

My mother gets up to go ask someone.

She comes back, and I stand up.

"It's still too soon to know anything..."

I slump back onto the floor.

"Why would she do this to me?!"

My mother sits down next to me again. "I don't know sweetie... But I know in my heart that she'll be okay."

"She better be... I want to marry her. I want to spend forever with her... She's my soul mate mom... I love her..."

I put my head back in my arms, and my mom rubs my back. "I know you do honey."

"You don't know mom! What Jennie and I have... It's something most people wish for! It's true love! And my true love was in so much pain that she tried to take the easy way out!"

We now just sit here in silence. What if I was too late? I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have let her be by herself... I knew how much she was hurting.

"Mom... What if I lose her...?"

"Try not to think about that Lisa. Let's just hope for the best okay sweetie?"

She just doesn't get it! I swear this will turn into some fucked up version of Romeo and Juliet if Jennie isn't okay.

My mom gets up to ask how Jennie is doing, and this time I come with her. The lady tells us that it's still too soon.

"It's still too soon?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! THAT'S MY FUCKING GIRLFRIEND IN THERE! AND YOU CAN'T FUCKING TELL ME?!" I'm so close to punching this bitch in the face. "WHY WON'T ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING?!"

"Lisa... Calm down..." My mother tries to hug me but I push her off.

"NO!" I fall to my knees, and put my hands in my face.

"Come on Lisa get up."

"I can't mom!"

I really can't. I just can't.

My mom doesn't take no for an answer and helps me up. She walks me over to some chairs and sits me down. She sits down next to me and rubs my back.

So I sit there and wait, just covered in her blood and sobbing.