chapter 19

A/N: PREPARE YOUR HEARTS FOR THIS PLEASE OMGOMGOMG. Seriously though, my heart was all over the place while I was writing this and IT'S LITERALLY MY WORK, are you all okay? Also, I was so excited when I was making this that I wrote this exact sentence in my plan LMAO: "IDGAF THIS SCENE NEEEEEDS TO HAPPEN WIV U IT'S TOO CUTE AND PIVOTAL FOR IT TO NOT HAPPEN BYE"
Anyways, enjoy! And let me know what you think :]

You're pulled from your slumber by someone gently shaking you to wake up a few days later, and when you open your eyes you see your mother looking down at you with a light smile on her face. You take a quick glance at your surroundings in confusion, looking around and realising that you must've fallen asleep in her bed the night before.

"There's someone knocking on the door," she whispers, as if to avoid startling you too much since you had just woken up. You nod and let out a tired smile, before getting up slowly and walking towards the front door to see who's there.

It had been a few days since the fight at the karaoke room, but you surprisingly had not been as traumatised as you thought you would be. Seojun had been there to save you along with the rest of your friends, so the comfort and reassurance you felt outweighed the anxiety from the encounter and you were able to stop dwelling on it soon after.

You exit your mother's bedroom after a quick stretch, tiredly rubbing your eyes as you walk over to answer the door.
"Seojun?" you mumble once you realise who's standing at the door, letting out a little yawn.

You're wearing an oversized hoodie that almost looks like a dress, your hair sticking up in different directions, tiredly rubbing the sleepiness out of your eyes. You must look like an absolute mess, but it makes him smile - you look adorable in his eyes.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" He smiles down at you apologetically, but you shake your head with a smile to reassure him. He can't help but feel his smile widen.
"No it's okay, what's up?"

"I need to buy a gift for Gowoon and I was wondering if you could help me. It's her birthday soon and I don't know what to get her," he says, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.
"Of course," you respond with a smile, ushering him into your apartment and telling him to make himself comfortable in the living room while you get ready.

You walk out of your room shortly after to see that Seojun is conversing with your mother, who's now curled up on the sofa with her blankets in the living room.
"Let me know if you need anything, okay?" you say, leaning over the back of the sofa as Seojun gets up to leave. "We shouldn't be too long."

"Don't worry about me, just go and have fun." You smile at her words before leaning over to place a quick kiss onto her head, like you always do before going out. Seojun watches the interaction with a fond smile.

You head out with Seojun shortly after saying your goodbyes, arriving at a local cosmetics store not long after. Seojun mentions that he wants to get Gowoon some makeup, since she's been practicing with it a lot recently, but doesn't know exactly what to get so he wants your help.

You nod in understanding, and immediately begin looking around for something that Gowoon might like. You pass a section for lip tints after a few minutes of searching, and turn to Seojun.
"Do you want to buy her a lip tint?" you ask, and he shrugs.

"Okay, which one?" You turn back around to look at the different shades for a moment, trying to find one that would look nice on her, before settling on a light pink one. You pick up the tester and try it on and Seojun just leans over your shoulder, watching as you look at yourself in the mirror in contemplation.

You're not really able to tell if it looks good or applies well because you already have some lip tint on, so you turn back to Seojun.
"Do you want to try?" you're already leaning your hand up to try the lip tint on him, but he quickly moves back.
"But you just tried that on yourself."

"Who cares? Just let me try it on you," you respond with a shrug. When he continues to move away you just sigh before grabbing his arm to pull him closer to you.
"Stop being a baby," you tell him, and immediately reach your other hand up to put the lip tint on him. Seojun just stares at you in shock, admiring the light smile that graces your features while you do so.

"Oh, the colour shows nicely," you say lightly, not noticing the way he looks at you, "should we go for this one?" you ask, and when you look into his eyes your smile drops as you realise how close you are. You gasp and widen your eyes, your face only a few centimetres away from his - you could probably count every single one of his eyelashes with the proximity you're in.

"I think we should get this one," you mumble after a few moments of silent eye contact, swallowing thickly when you feel your heart beating faster with each passing second.
"Yeah, let's get this," he whispers, still staring into your eyes, before gently taking the lip tint out of your hand and walking over to pay for it at the till.

You remain where you are, frozen in place.
Why did you do that, you mentally scold yourself, are you insane? You slap your hand onto your forehead lightly when you realise that you just indirectly kissed him. You shake your head and curse yourself for your actions, before finally moving to meet back up with Seojun since he should've already paid by that point.

After buying Gowoon's gift Seojun takes you to a cafe to buy some drinks, as a thank you for helping him that day. You both order and he turns to you with an apologetic smile.
"Do you mind collecting them? I just need to quickly go to the bathroom."

You nod with a smile, and after you collect the drinks you wait inside the cafe for him to return. What you don't know, however, is that the bathroom was just an excuse for Seojun to head into a different shop without your knowledge. He returns after a little while and apologises for making you wait, to which you respond with a smile.

You then walk over to the elevators of the shopping centre soon after, deciding you should probably make your way home. You stand in silence for a few moments, still thinking about the indirect kiss the two of you shared, before the elevator suddenly stops and a group of people enter with you.

It becomes crowded very quickly, Seojun having to move closer to you in order to give the other people more space to enter. He suddenly gets pushed, however, causing him to stumble back slightly. He tries to catch himself before he falls, placing his hand against the wall to regain his balance, but gulps when he realises how close he is to you.

He practically has you pinned against the wall, his lips lightly brushing across your forehead. You look over his shoulder with wide eyes, trying to avoid eye contact. He watches you, admiring each of your features like he did in the cosmetics store earlier. You look up when you feel his burning stare, your heart pounding when you realise he's looking at you, and the two of you remain silent as you stare into each other's eyes.

Eventually you're both broken out of your dazes when the elevator beeps to signal that the weight limit has been exceeded, and the group of people leave shortly after. Seojun quickly moves away, and you finally take a proper breath. You stay where you are for a few seconds, leaning on the wall in a daze while trying to calm your racing heartbeat.

You let out an awkward cough before moving to stand more comfortably, avoiding eye contact once again. You get out of the elevator when it stops at the correct floor, exiting the shopping centre and heading home together.