Chapter 33

Bethany's POV

There was ruffling going on around me. It wasn't loud, but it wasn't exactly the most quiet thing on the planet either. Harry was moving around under the covers for some reason completely unknown to me. It was still early, I couldn't see any lighting seeping in through the windows... So why was he up so early?

He obviously didn't want me awake by the way he was gently moving my body around to reach for something on my nightstand. I didn't want him to know I was awake so I kept my eyes shut and relaxed into his chest that my head was resting on. When he had what he was looking for, I realized he was trying to turn the TV on.

At first the sound was loud, and God only knows why he would want to watch TV at this hour, but I let him do what he wanted. It was easy for me to fall asleep watching TV. I knew he was trying to lower the sound so it wouldn't disrupt me, but as soon as I heard what he was watching, my stomach dropped. Why would he radomly turn on this stupid Gossip program?

Some announcer was talking in a high pitched voice. I could feel my eyes trying to roll even though they were closed. I couldn't believe he was watching this shit and at such a random time. I told myself to stop thinking and to listen to what was being said.

"So Mary, the biggest news that's been dropped is the new relationship status that Harry Styles has seemed to open up about." I hear a man's voice this time. It was deep and scratchy- not exactly the most pleasant voice in the world.

"Oh my god, I know! Harry Styles has settled down for someone... The only thing, he was very forth coming in his radio interview yesterday, only to bring a different girl as his date to the gala last night." The woman's voice already makes me cringe, and I know I almost blow my cover but continue to 'sleep' anyways.

"I did see that Bethany Smith made it to the gala last night though? Only she was alone and not the most punctual of the bunch." Another cringe worthy moment, but I held myself together.

"Yes and there have been a few people that talked about Harry and Kendall getting together for awhile. Although the two have always denied feelings for each other, you can tell there is some connection between them. Obviously there is something going on between the two." My stomach churns at the thought.

"They would make a wonderful couple. The pictures of them from last night are absolutely stunning."

"Do you think they really could have broken up in such a short amount of time?" I hear the man ask.

"I think anything is possible with those two. It's a very odd match. Bethany Smith is sophisticated and very mature. Harry is still acting his age, going out and enjoying his life of fame. The money, and the girls... it all just seems very weird to have put those two together." I swear this woman's voice is killing me.

I couldn't take it at that point. I sat up quickly, obviously taking him by surprise as I snatched the remote out of his hand to turn up the volume. He tried to grab it back, but I wouldn't let him have it.

"Sources say Bethany left alone crying last night and she disappeared and wasn't seen until 3 O'clock last this morning arriving home. So who knows what she did in between those few hours." the woman lets out a small laugh and I find myself full on glaring at the TV.

"If Harry Styles is already done with her, I just hope she knows that any man on the planet would go for her. Big mistake ever letting someone like her go."

With that I feel the remote snatched out of my hand and the TV turned off. I didn't want to look at him because I knew he was feeling either of two different kinds of emotions. He was either livid or worried, and I was hoping he was worried.