OVERTURE

OVERTURE

Orchestral introduction to a multi-movement piece of music, such as an opera or suite.

Everyone had gathered around the living room, scattered across the couch and around the coffee table on the floor of the farmhouse. I was sitting on the floor in between Jimin and Joon, resting my head back on the couch. Yoongi wanted me to rest while he helped Kook and Tae bring in the big corrugated cardboard box full of sushi takeout containers.

As he set the box down, Kook dropped the $100 worth of twenties that I had handed him earlier to pay for the food, back into my lap.

"Hey! I was supposed to treat you guys!" I protested.

"There are seven of us and only one of you, Faye. That's hardly fair," Tae coolly explained, smiling.

I leaned on Joon and put my arm around Jimin's shoulder.

"I love you guys..." I sighed, genuinely feeling elated, "I've never had such good friends before. You are all such wonderful people. It's truly amazing that you all found each other. What you have as a group is rare."

"It is. You're right," Jin added, taking a seat on an antique rocking chair next to the couch, "And you're part of the group now. You complete the lineup."

My cheeks felt tight as a pure Duchenne smile spread across my lips, turning my cheeks a soft shade of pink

"Thanks, Jin," I looked up at him, admiring his beautiful, full lips as he placed a piece of sashimi delicately on his tongue.

Why did that look so sexual?

Jin caught me staring, and he responded by smiling and winking out of the corner of his eye. I poked my tongue out at him in response.

"So Faye, when are you moving all of your furniture and stuff out of your house?" Jimin asked, turning to look at me as he reached for a tray of salmon.