27. Should we make it a nightly thing?

This chapter is going to be in Olivia's POV, enjoy :)

Please vote and comment too, thank you! I hope you're enjoying this book so far. It's like half way complete, and when it's completed I'll be going back to edit it.

Olivia's POV

"Goodnight princess," My mum kissed Charlotte's cheek, and I stroked the side of her head as she laid back in her pink bed, covering her self in her pink covers. I smile at the sight of her, and my mother smiling down at her.

"Goodnight Olivia.", Charlotte looked my way, and then towards my mum. "Goodnight Kelly.", She smiled.

"Sweet dreams," I said softly, and then left the room with my mum.

We headed downstairs and sat at the dining room table whilst drinking some wine. We were silent for a long while, just enjoying the silence.

My mother straightened when she heard a third person in the room. I looked over to see Brett making his way in the room. He looked absolutely sinful. I hadn't seen him since last night, and fuck had I missed the sight of him today more than I usually did.

He was wearing a suit, white shirt with grey pants and a grey blazer. His tie was black and grey and his hair wasn't styled, it was messy but so fucking attractive.

"Hello ladies.", he sent my mother a smile, before shifting his gaze to me.

I didn't say anything, just smiled knowingly at him. I could feel my cheeks heating up at the hazy look on his face, but kept silent as he walked towards me.

Brett sat beside me, and sighed when his ass touched the seat.

"How was work?", I finally ask, rising from my seat to fetch him a glass and some whiskey. I sat the glass down in front of him, pouring the whiskey in it. He watched me closely, smiling contently at the sight of be caring for him.

"The same as usual.", he finally replies, glancing towards my mum. "How about your day?", He asked us both, his gaze bouncing between us as he drank his whiskey.

"Kyle had Lucy over again.", My mum says.

Brett chuckles at that, pouring himself a second glass of whiskey. "What a surprise.", he replied, sarcastically.

I didn't say anything, just watched him enjoying his drink.

He took off his blazer, and I saw the muscles bulging underneath his shirt - I couldn't stop my mind from wandering to last nights events. I screw my eyes shut at the thought, and looked down at the glass of wine in my hands.

I take a small sip and attempt to get my thoughts out of the gutter.

"And you?", his voice interrupts me. My gaze snaps up to find his, he was staring at me already. His face void of emotion, but his blue eyes sparkling with mischief. "How has your day been, Olivia?", He raises a brow - and the question, seemingly innocent, was far from it.

"Good.", I shrug, sipping my wine to refrain from smirking at him in front of mum.

"Oh, I should get to bed. I have an interview tomorrow.", My mother surprises us both with that.

Our heads snap in her direction.

"Interview?", I ask her.

She nods. "Just an office job, that's all.", She smiles, rising from her seat.

"Good luck!", I reach for her hand as she walks past me, and squeeze it lightly.

She returns my squeeze with her own and nods her head. "Don't keep my daughter up too late, got it?", She sends Brett a playful glare and he nods his head in return, pouring himself another whiskey.